Fabia Vrs Adaptions?

Hi all,

Ive got a vrs on a 55 plate, im wondering if any what adaptions you can perform using a VAS 5051/2 (dealership machines) and if anybody has the adaption codes or a link to the site that does?

Im thinking like a blip of the horn when locking or side lights to come on when unlocking, just diffrent things really.

I have access to these machines but NOT a VAG-COM. So only things through vehicle self diag or OBD

Thankyou for you help in advance!

Guest BigJase88

i know on VCDS you can

enable locking / unlocking bleeps

anti hijack (doors lock at 15mph)

one keyfob press unlocks all doors or just drivers

heated wing mirror time

power steering lightness / heaviness

how long the last wipe of the window wipers comes after using washers

how many 1 touch clicks you get on indicators (usually 3)

Most things are performed in the module 46, central convenience. Adaption channels 1 to 8 I think cover a few things mentioned in the post above. Not sure on heater mirror times, etc. I thought that was on a switch. I also didn't know about the final wipe of wipers. would be curious to know more.

Guest BigJase88

Most things are performed in the module 46, central convenience. Adaption channels 1 to 8 I think cover a few things mentioned in the post above. Not sure on heater mirror times, etc. I thought that was on a switch. I also didn't know about the final wipe of wipers. would be curious to know more.

yeah heated mirrors are on indefinately when the back window heater is on and can burn out the elements in the wing mirrors, i got mine changed to a 15min timer

also the 'convenience' wipe period can be changed, mines was at 3 secs changed it to 1s

yeah heated mirrors are on indefinately when the back window heater is on and can burn out the elements in the wing mirrors, i got mine changed to a 15min timer

also the 'convenience' wipe period can be changed, mines was at 3 secs changed it to 1s

The rear heated screen button does not coincide with the heated mirrors. If the heated mirror switch is set to the on position then they will continue to heat regardless whether the rear screen switch is on or off. I used to think it came on and off with the rear screen heater until I had my arm out of the window in traffic once and went to wipe something off the mirror glass and it was red hot! A discussion thread on here confirmed the above, So to keep them off then the switch has to be in the L or R position.

Marc

Is there a problem in leaving it in the central position all the time? Does all Fabia vRS' have heated mirrors? I've never noticed mine getting hot before...

I like the one-touch indicator idea, the 3 flashes annoy me, I'd sooner just have one so I can thank people flashing left and right...

I have the anti-hijack door lock (after 10mph) and one-click unlocking, as well as a different alarm sound and a beep when you lock/unlock the car. Pretty cool. :)

Is there a problem in leaving it in the central position all the time? Does all Fabia vRS' have heated mirrors? I've never noticed mine getting hot before...

Yeah, if its left on all the time it just burns out in the end, but they all have them.

As for one touch, I really like it on my mates, just a shame i cant get it on mine i dont think

Matt

Guest BigJase88

Yeah, if its left on all the time it just burns out in the end, but they all have them.

As for one touch, I really like it on my mates, just a shame i cant get it on mine i dont think

Matt

you have a fabia vrs?

then you can have all the options i have listed!

and my bad about the wing mirror heat being on the button but you can adjust the time, i got mine changed to 15mins

shoould the Vrs be able to put the window fully up and down holding the lock button on the key and open button? i thought this was a feature that could be set on some vag cars? i know you can put the key in the door and hold in the open position and the windows go down but ive seen cars do it when walking to the car.

Does all Fabia vRS' have heated mirrors? I've never noticed mine getting hot before...

No - all UK suppied ones have heated mirrors as standard but Motorpoint imported some from Malta and they don't have heated mirrors...

I had autolock turned on on my car, now the doors lock when you reach 10mph.

The guy tried to switch on total closure (when the windows go up or down when lock or unlock is pressed and held) but apparently the car doesn't support it.

I had autolock turned on on my car, now the doors lock when you reach 10mph.

The guy tried to switch on total closure (when the windows go up or down when lock or unlock is pressed and held) but apparently the car doesn't support it.

i know you can get the pluggin KVW100 control module that programs the ECU to allow it, retails about £50 i think. im sure the is one for the fabia

Guest BigJase88

Comfort flashes is a different central electrics ECU, fitted from 05MY onwards.

my 04 plate had comfort flashes?