1.2 tsi 105ps dsg or 1.6 cr 105

Finally decide the spec i want for the car but really like the idea of auto box, To compare the 2, Engine noise how loud? whats the real world mpg of those 2 cars

Going to order in SE spec with

Function pack

Sat nav

Cruise

MDI

Spare wheel

underseat draws

it comes out at 12073.88 with drivethedeal or 450 cheaper then elegrance with spec i want but lose out on

16" wheels

Curtain airbag

floor mats

Arm rest

fog lights

Glasses storage

which i dont really need or want

with my Fabia 1.2TSI 105 manual, i get 6-7l per 100km in the gridlock, or easy under 6l per 100km in city drive in the evening when the streets are clear. On the highway at 120-140kmh it is 5.5-5.9l per 100km.

Driven both, the 1.2TSi DSG will put a big smile on your face, it has a sporty exhaust note and whips through the gears off the line with plenty of mid range pull once moving.

The 1.6CR Tdi 105 doesn't feel as nimble or anywhere near as quick off the line. The heavier engine can be felt driving the two cars back to back. On the other hand it feels a more grown up car, very refined and pulls well once moving but doesn't give the bottom end shove like the old 1.9 105 used too.

So that's the feel I got driving the cars and as economy isn't a major factor the 1.2TSi DSG was ordered.

Cheers

Lee

In real-world driving I am getting between 40mpg and 50mpg from the TSI. At the lower end of that when doing short commuting and I have had the 50mpg average after a 4 hour motorway run with the cruise set at 70mph. This is with the manual 5 speed box. The DSG should get a couple more mpg on the motorway, but otherwise it will get the same.

Having said that, if I make full use of the power, it will drop the consumption to the low 30's :D

In refinement, the TSI is very quiet, with a pleasing little growl when you rev it up, it really is a belter of an engine :thumbup:

I have only driven the 1.6 CR in an Octy, so I can't compare which is louder in the Furby, but it's a good powerful engine for sure :)

In real-world driving I am getting between 40mpg and 50mpg from the TSI. At the lower end of that when doing short commuting and I have had the 50mpg average after a 4 hour motorway run with the cruise set at 70mph. This is with the manual 5 speed box. The DSG should get a couple more mpg on the motorway, but otherwise it will get the same.

Having said that, if I make full use of the power, it will drop the consumption to the low 30's :D

In refinement, the TSI is very quiet, with a pleasing little growl when you rev it up, it really is a belter of an engine :thumbup:

I have only driven the 1.6 CR in an Octy, so I can't compare which is louder in the Furby, but it's a good powerful engine for sure :)

I was quite impressed with yur car actually, the 1.2 is a nice engine :thumbup:

It is, and the last time you saw it, I wasn't driving it right either, I should have kept the revs up a bit more for best progress. 2nd gear will get you to 60mph !

It has that "lazy" power delivery like a diesel, so if you're just cruising along, you don't have to use lots of revs.

Whatever one you buy Tony, I'm sure you will like it and it will do the job. I've driven both and the petrol 1.2TSI is a cracking engine. I liked it. But...I'm a diesel head and will just about always prefer the CR1.6 diesel. Both are great motors though, and very refined, the petrol engine is only just quieter than the diesel in the cabin, with many actually thinking the diesel is a petrol engine because it is so quiet. As for miles per gallon, the diesel does have a major advantage in that respect, and you don't have to try hard to get good mpg either, whereas with the petrol engine you must be more conscious of fuel consumption to get goodish figures. I wouldn't worry about the posts you may have read about the 1.6cr giving poor fuel economy either. There seems to be only a few people who have had any problems on that front. However, if it's the auto box you want then it must surely be a petrol engine for you. Either way, petrol or diesel, neither car will give you any problems. Good luck.

thanks for the input, i am a oldish git so speed is not important, selling an auto merc so enjoy auto, but i do 15-20,000 miles a year so will settle for the diesel as no one knows fuel prices in the coming years

thanks for the input, i am a oldish git so speed is not important, selling an auto merc so enjoy auto, but i do 15-20,000 miles a year so will settle for the diesel as no one knows fuel prices in the coming years

Nice choice...and road tax is very low too at £20 pa! Keep posting once you have the car and let us all know how she goes.

Just got a price from rainworth of £12,221

1.6 cr 105hp SE spec in white with

Function pack

Sat nav

Cruise

MDI

Spare wheel

underseat draws

£147.12 more then drivethedeal but it is a lot nearer and dont really fancy having a man driving my new car or paid for transporting

Rainworth was good, always reply on time and more then willing to do deal! unlike the other south yorkshire dealers who came staight out with no further discount then the vat off and give peanuts for a 2002 BMW 520 with lots of miles, I will be ordering the car next few days when i am free

Edited by tony2311

Why do i come on this forum, just seen a white car with black roof and love the looks, but with s/e or elegrance it is not a option :(, to spec the monte carlo to the spec i want will cost £1500 more which is getting a bit silly for a small skoda hatchback. Why cant they have factory option of black roof

Erm, well a bit more but not 1500.

The monte would be:

105 diesel @ 12029.17

Nav @ 437.50

Cruise @ 145.83

Spare wheel @ 54.17

Under seat draws @ 50.00

So that's a list price of 12,716.67 plus 565 for delivery so total of 13,281.67

Take of your extra discount or dtd price and you are pretty much at 13k dead, probably a bit less. So in reality a difference of 779 rather than 1500.

Go on, go for the monte. :)

Erm, well a bit more but not 1500.

The monte would be:

105 diesel @ 12029.17

Nav @ 437.50

Cruise @ 145.83

Spare wheel @ 54.17

Under seat draws @ 50.00

So that's a list price of 12,716.67 plus 565 for delivery so total of 13,281.67

Take of your extra discount or dtd price and you are pretty much at 13k dead, probably a bit less. So in reality a difference of 779 rather than 1500.

Go on, go for the monte. :)

i want the rear parking sensor and climate control aswell

drivethedeal is £13155.85 dealer will most likely to be £13350 when the se with same spec cost £12200 from same dealer

Love the black roof and white body but £13350 for a small skoda hatch back :o,

arrrghhhhh £1150 for a black roof, 17" alloys, sport seats, and black front end, if i buy the se i will always be thinking it looks so much nicer with black

Hi Tony,

Just buy the Elegance, comes with loads of the bits you want to put on your SE and wont cost a great sum more. I get the impression you arent overly bothered with the car having a sporty look or massive performance in which case I happen to this the Monte and vRS will not be the cars for you.

Engine wise is completely down to personal preference. I personally like diesels and tend to preference a good Turbo Diesel over a naturally aspirated petrol as usually they both perform better and provide much better MPG. However since the intro of small turbocharged petrols, particularly the VAG 1.2/1.4 TSi units my view has completely changed. MPG wise it will never be as good as the 1.6 CR but it is more refined, punchier and more fun whilst still being very efficient and clean. May cost a little more to fuel over time but it costs less to buy, swings and roundabouts.

If you are looking to use this as a tow car though definitely go for the 1.6 CR 105. For the difference in cost the lower power variants may as well be ignored.

On the note of the Elegance, have had to go to my local town the last few mornings and there has been a blue Elegance estate parked in the car park every morning. Looks great with the new comet alloy wheels, would have been what I would have chosen had we not gotten a vRS.

Edited by pipsyp

i do 15-20,000 a year, if i spec a vrs up to what i want it is £16k. MPG is a big factor and i am hearing vrs do around 35-40 only

Yep doesn't sound as if the vRS is for you. Would be madness to spec a vRS up to 16k, I would imagine you would have to add pretty much every option going to get it to that level considering they can be had for 13.5k in basic form with the VAT offer.

Agree with what others are saying re Elegance spec -can't see any realistic benefit to getting an SE then speccing it up with option packs.

If I was on a tight budget and did big mileage I would go for a Diseasel.... :thumbup:

Fabia 1.6 cr SE spec with

Function pack

Sat nav

Cruise

MDI

Spare wheel

underseat draws

it comes out at 12073.88 with drivethedeal or local dealer £12221

Fabia 1.6 cr 105 elegrance in white with

16" 'Elba' alloy wheels £0

Temporary space saver spare wheel £65

4-spoke MFSW for radio and small leather pack £50

'Amundsen' satellite navigation system and Maxi-dot £525

MDI (Mobile Device Interface) £170

Functionality Storage boxes - Front Seats £60

Comes out on drive the deal at £12455.65 and dealer offer £12673

fabia 1.6 monte in white with

Acoustic rear parking sensors £280

Climate control air conditioning £275

Cruise control £175

'Amundsen' satellite navigation system and Maxi-dot £525

Storage boxes - Front Seats £60

Temporary space saver spare wheel

Comes out on drive the deal at £13155.85 and dealer £13400 at a guess

se £1179 or elegrance £727 more for a black roof/lights/grill/plastic kit/sport seats and 17" alloys instead of 16"

i might order it from drivethedeal as it is a £200+ saving

If the drivethedeal dealer pay comission to drivethedeal and still make a profit then the local dealers are telling porkies

most reviews give drive the deal a very good feedback decisions decisions :( have to do it before vat deal ends arrrggghhh

can someone pm me drivethedeal dealer so i can see how far i have to travel

Edited by tony2311