Octavia VRS PD170 -Lag and High Rev Idle

Hi , I got a 2007 Vrs PD170 Octavia, I was driving along today at approx 50 mph and noticed unusual lag when accelerating, The car has been mapped by bluefin and usually runs pretty smooth and without lag, I noticed this straight away. When i was at traffic lights i noticed that the car was idling at 1000 rpm, when normally its slightly below that. I took the car then on the M4 and drove for approx 10 miles and the car returned to normal,

Wierd?

anyone have any suggestions. the car now drives like normal and idles normally,

just at bit worried as the car now has 93k miles on the clock.

Hi , I got a 2007 Vrs PD170 Octavia, I was driving along today at approx 50 mph and noticed unusual lag when accelerating, The car has been mapped by bluefin and usually runs pretty smooth and without lag, I noticed this straight away. When i was at traffic lights i noticed that the car was idling at 1000 rpm, when normally its slightly below that. I took the car then on the M4 and drove for approx 10 miles and the car returned to normal,

Wierd?

anyone have any suggestions. the car now drives like normal and idles normally,

just at bit worried as the car now has 93k miles on the clock.

Sounds like it coulda been burn ing of the DPF m8

This thread is also of interest for me as i have experienced he same problem today and about a month ago.

How long does it normlly take to regenerate and is there a way of driving it correctly to perform the task quicker.

More insight into this matter would be a great help.

The diesel particulate filter ie DPF essentially "filters" out some of the contaminants from the engines exhaust .

Its like a canister so when it starts to fill up it triggers a regeneration process and the ecu adjusts the engines running conditions to allow the particulates (soot mainly) to be burnt off this change in running is what you can feel as Captain Scarlet said the car feel clumsy , you can also something hear a change in engine note

How often this happens and how long it takes depends on how the car is driven , short trips or slow driving and the dpf will fill faster , fast motorway cruising and it fills slower so its completely variable

Lots of horror stories on the web about them some manufacturers have more trouble than others with them , VAG cars arent that bad although we may feel different.

Im glad its normal, the car was mapped back in september time, and I have recently had a new turbo fitted as my previous sounded like a police car - I thought I was going to have more problems! . The car was just not as responsive and was juddering on acceleration then a massive amount of tourque. I will give it another drive today and see how it is. Thanks Guys !