My pride and joy may be no more

Insurers reckon the repair cost is £15,000 including £9000 for parts and £2000+ for labour.

Settlement is £7400. I've told them where to go. Any thoughts on what's realistic?

Have a read of this guidance note from the Financial Ombudsman, and then start finding (and printing off for evidence) SEs advertised at reputable dealers. Good luck

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much did you insure the car for? id want full value of what I insured it for.

Bought my vrs SE maybe 6 months ago now and i'd want no less than I paid. £8000.

I thought what you got was very near your own valuation that you put down when you insure the car?

If it worked like that then everyone would insure a **** heap, smash it and make a few quid. You get offered what they say it's worth. Then you spend ages trying to prove it's worth more, end up somewhere in the middle. You'll normally end up out of pocket to a degree.

Matt

A Micra pulled out of a junction across me this morning and I hit it doing 45-50. Something tells me a front end hit like that is probably not economically repairable. Here it is getting the Baker treatment last year,

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=166686&highlight=graham

Can't see it looking like that again. Devastated :'(

Massively sorry to read this Graham and I hope that everything gets resolved properly, pleasure to detail your motor and if you source another one then Jules and I will be happy to do you a special rate.......... :thumbup:

Sorry to hear that mate.

Out of curiosity, how much did that detail cost you?

I am on here to PM........... :yes:

& were the tight denim shorts extra :giggle: ?

Nope, entirely weather dependant........ ;)

:rofl: I'd pay good money to watch her wash my car! :D

That can be arranged.......... :giggle:

Really sorry to hear about your car, such ashame the SE's aint having much luck, hope you get it sorted or find something you want.

Sorry to hijack the thread. How much is a detail like that cost, its amazing.

Feel free to PM me with some details........ :thumbup:

Baker is on here isnt he, why dont people just ask him direct?

Matt

Good call Matt........... :yes:

Insurers reckon the repair cost is £15,000 including £9000 for parts and £2000+ for labour.

What makes up the other £4000?

That seems a ridiculous quote when you can buy a brand new Fabia vRS VAT free for less than £15000

What makes up the other £4000?

That seems a ridiculous quote when you can buy a brand new Fabia vRS VAT free for less than £15000

Paint was £1000+, few other bits and pieces, plus VAT

You could always try asking them to replace it for another one as well looked after....have a feeling it would cost them a lot more

Said I would be quite happy for them to find me one in same condition and with similar mileage but they didn't seem keen.

I give up - how do I attach pictures?

Edited by fairzo

Guest BigJase88

Said I would be quite happy for them to find me one in same condition and with similar mileage but they didn't seem keen.

I give up - how do I attach pictures?

use a site like photobucket.com upload your pictures from your pc onto there them copy the image code and place it in this thread :thumbup:

Guest BigJase88

thats shocking that could be easily repaired i think

insurance companys aint arsed unless its replace a headlight :thumbdown:

Guest BigJase88

chassis looks alright?

so,

wing

bumper

intercooler

pipework for intercooler

headlight

bonnet

grille

radiator maybe

and a bit of wiring and paint

probs 2-3k damage (tops)

saying that wheel looks a bit squint :rofl:

It looks bad enough, particularly with the engine hanging out, that I wouldn't want the repaired version.

Neither drivers side doors shut so it's out of alignment.

Edited by fairzo

As far as i'm aware you can insist the car is repaired - it is number 5 of the batch of 1000 (if i saw the detailing pics right) would and insurance company write off the 5th E-type built or whatever..........

would and insurance company write off the 5th E-type built or whatever..........

Probably, based on the conversations I've had with the morons at the insurers so far.

Guest BigJase88

It looks bad enough, particularly with the engine hanging out, that I wouldn't want the repaired version.

Neither drivers side doors shut so it's out of alignment.

aye its a scrapper then!!

check out my lupooooo

07548129_4X.jpg

tada

703002f6.jpg