My pride and joy may be no more

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work for the insurance companys! Actually I work for Aviva - the best way around them if you want something - stick to your guns. They just want the easiest job possible - sign a cheque - get the car on an auction - get some of the money back, bump up your insurance. Jobs a good one. However. that doesnt mean to say that you need to make it easy. I hit a deer doing plenty MPH on a fast local A road and the insurance assessor came and said its a write off and offered me £4000 for my 53 plate VRS Fabia. I assesed the damage myself, bought all the parts and got a local bodyshop to fit the parts - £1100 to fit it out of my won pocket. But saved my NCD, kept my car and got some other parts sorted too.

Think you'll need a bit more than me to fix it. But a shrude bit of haggling will get most of the parts 2nd hand. It doens look much worse than the damage to mine after i killed Bambi's mum!

Guest BigJase88

That lupo doesnt look anywhere near as bad as the fabia. I`v got no issues with fixing up cars, the lupo i`d take on, but not sure i`d want the fabia back after that kinda shunt.

Matt

back end was pranged too ... and pass side front was probably as bad as the fabia...

07548129_2X.jpg

Graham I've no doubt it could be repaired but I guess the question is would you want it fixed to drive again?

I can confirm it won't polish out though :(

Dang that's a shame. Such a damn nice motor, and one of only 1000. Stress that to the insurance company. Anyway if it is going car heaven, I want the seats. :p call me a vulture.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to bring this to a conclusion, after a lot of haggling with the insurers I got the valuation up to £8990.

Went to look at another SE but an RAC inspection showed a few things I wasn't happy with. Also had an offer of one with 42000 miles on from the dealer where I bought mine. In the end decided that I would always be comparing another one with my 005 and that it was time to move on.

Gone for a different sort of motoring but with the same 1.9TDI engine pulling a bit of comfort. 1.9 TDI PD 130 Highline, 55 plate but only 28000 miles. Will still keep an eye on Briskoda, probably with a tinge of envy now and then.

Bora.jpg

Just to bring this to a conclusion, after a lot of haggling with the insurers I got the valuation up to £8990.

Went to look at another SE but an RAC inspection showed a few things I wasn't happy with. Also had an offer of one with 42000 miles on from the dealer where I bought mine. In the end decided that I would always be comparing another one with my 005 and that it was time to move on.

Gone for a different sort of motoring but with the same 1.9TDI engine pulling a bit of comfort. 1.9 TDI PD 130 Highline, 55 plate but only 28000 miles. Will still keep an eye on Briskoda, probably with a tinge of envy now and then.

Bora.jpg

I have one of them too! Had it from new on a 54 plate and now on 85k. Makes you wonder why some people buy a diesel and only do 28k in 5 years.

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking as i may be looking to sell mine in the near future (trying to persuade swmbo that she needs a Fabia Monte Carlo :giggle: )

• 2 months later...

Well, that's what used to be mine. I'm a bit stunned by this, to say the least, although glad that it's back on the road. No. 5 deserved to survive.

Is there a legal definition of "light" damage? Also described as Cat C by the insurers.

Edited by fairzo

I really do reckon SE's are fated. They always seem to be coming up crunched (which is worrying as my mum drives)

I linked to that one in another thread.

Someone dropped the seller and email about the interior.

Asking price

£1000 :no:

It's the colour. I had a car in an almost identical blue, and I swear the thing was invisbile to people. I've also found myself missing cars that shade, especially at dusk.

• 1 month later...
It's the colour. I had a car in an almost identical blue, and I swear the thing was invisbile to people

I've had two blue A4s, both of which were written off by halfwits running in to them. Now 'not blue' is one of my key car buying criteria!

Well, the bitch that crunched me got 5 points on her licence. Bit disappointing as I had asked for hanging or burning at the stak

I know how you feel - the guy who wrote off my last A4 (he pulled out blindly to overtake a lorry on an A road, crossed a hatched reservation and drove straight in to my car head on, as I was coming the other way at the time) got away without any points/charges.