tyre noise

Hi Guys,

Have a 2009 L&K with factory fitted Bridgestones but as they have warn down the road noise below 25 mph is really high - anyone had a similar experience? Anyone tried other make of tyres that have not given this problem - at 19,000 miles fronts are getting cclose to changing and I'm looking for advice.

My 2008 L&K came with Bridgestones and they are quite noisy but it depends on the quality of the road surface. A main road near me was recently partly resurfaced and the car is very quiet with nearly no road noise but drive back onto the old tarmac and the noise is back.

I'm down to 3mm of tread so will replace soon with either Conti SC3's, Michelin PS3's or Pirelli P Zeros - haven't decided which yet but hopefully they will be quieter than the Bridgestones.

I have got Nokians on and they are quiet as a mouse. Not looking forward to putting the Conti SC2s back on because of the noise but the Bridgestone Turanza's were worse, much worse.

Hi Guys,

Have a 2009 L&K with factory fitted Bridgestones but as they have warn down the road noise below 25 mph is really high - anyone had a similar experience? Anyone tried other make of tyres that have not given this problem - at 19,000 miles fronts are getting cclose to changing and I'm looking for advice.

Recently changed the fronts on my 2009 L&K at 19,600k but stuck to Bridgestones (£200 inc) for consistancy;yep,v noisy at low spd on certain road surfaces but I've got used to it after two years.Pretty quiet on M way though.

David. what.eh.???

This may help (as it helped me to even realize that there ARE quite tyres on the market).

Besides, those quite tyres performed even better in certain conditions and certain tests.

There's a few more recent tests and recommendation there (and elsewhere)....

Octavias seems to suffer from an unfortunate combination of noisy tyres, allegedly misaligned wheels from production and not-so-well interior sound insulation. We need to live with it. OR listen to the radio/mp3 in the car at high volume :)

Hi Guys,

Hi All

We had the Dunlops on the VRS when we got it with 11000 miles on it - the front tyres were done so the dealer put 2 Avon Z5 tyres on - they seem to be slightly better for noise.

I had Bridgestone Turanza tyres on my astravan from new and they are possibly the worst tyres I have ever used. They were good for dry grip, scary in the wet, scarier in the cold and wet and the road noise was unbearable. I fitted 2 Falken 912's to the front and they were so much quieter and good in the dry and wet for grip. Also, the ride quality was much better.

After reading good reviews on this site for the Falken 452's, I got a full set of 452's for the van - they are going on this weekend when I take the winter wheels off.

On the VRS, the 2 other Dunlops are badly sawtoothed so I have ordered 2 Falken 452's to put on the alloys - they should be arriving today and I should be taking the winter steels off and putting the alloys back on this weekend hopefully if I can get the tyres fitted quickly.

If the 452's are as good as the 912's, I will be quite happy.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by FatblokeVRS