Luggage restraint net

One of my very first (no in fact my very first) posts was about a luggage guard for the Yeti that can fit both in the boot and behind the seats. I've yet to go down the metal Saunderson route, but have in the mean time bought a dog restraint net from eBay for a tenner. First I used the bottom hooks at the base of the B-pillar and the coat hooks higher up on the B-pillar. The size was perfect and this is ideal to keep dogs in the back, but alas in an emergency stop my camping chairs will still fly forwards over the net and hit me. The net fits perfectly behind the seats though.

imgp7026.jpg

imgp7027.jpg

imgp7028.jpg

imgp7029.jpg

I then tried a second approach by attaching the top hooks around the grab handles and back onto the net itself. The grab handles are much further back from the B-pillar though so the whole net is further back at the top. The bottom hooks I hooked around the headrests. I was also thinking I could get some bungee cords to hook the bottom ones back to the hooks at the base of the B-pillars (the net would not stretch that far on its own and the top ones kept snapping out).

imgp7030.jpg

imgp7031i.jpg

imgp7032y.jpg

imgp7033.jpg

It should work I think. And it can live in the car and is much cheaper than a metal affair (and quieter since most people have mentioned the extentable metal ones rattle...) I just need to ensure it is in fact strong enough at the top to catch something! It will be as soon as I can stretch it more to the base with bungee cords.

Looks like you're working for G4Semoticon-0140-rofl.gif.

Not seen a SM used for transporting prisoners yetemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Do you mean the "Away day specials". :rofl:

Fred

I've got luggage nets that I'm sure came with my Octavia (or were at least on the accesories list). We recently used one to strap everything to the back of the seats in the boot of our Superb. This thing is the width of the boot and would reach the roof and has 6 fittings around to attach to clips/mounts. I doubt it would fill the void in the Yeti like a compete screen, but it would stop the heavier items decapitating you, while a lower net may stop the dog from wriggling under.