yeti boot space

greatdane

hi,every body....

I currently run a 3 month old vrs diesel estate xenons,dsg but we are thinking of getting another greatdane can anybody on here give me a really good idea of what the boot space difference is between mine and a yetti.......if it alot bigger looks like mine will getting p/x for a yeti

thewoods018.jpg

hi,every body....

I currently run a 3 month old vrs diesel estate xenons,dsg but we are thinking of getting another greatdane can anybody on here give me a really good idea of what the boot space difference is between mine and a yetti.......if it alot bigger looks like mine will getting p/x for a yeti

look in the members picture thread page 4 will give you some idea also this is from page 16 reply no303

Check the dimensions/litres, but you will find the boot is considerably smaller than an Octavia. This is well documented on this forum. It is taller, and you have to learn to pack vertically, rather than chuck everything in like you are used to.

Not sure if Bighusky has the back seats down/taken out for his huskies in above photo.

The best thing would be to visit a dealer with your dogs. (not to frighten the dealer of course emoticon-0136-giggle.gif)

Check the dimensions/litres, but you will find the boot is considerably smaller than an Octavia. This is well documented on this forum. It is taller, and you have to learn to pack vertically, rather than chuck everything in like you are used to.

Not sure if Bighusky has the back seats down/taken out for his huskies in above photo.

The best thing would be to visit a dealer with your dogs. (not to frighten the dealer of course emoticon-0136-giggle.gif)

Hi the seats are in and up if you click the pic and enlarge it you can see the seat covers on the back seats (love the huskies )

was really hoping to get 2 in a yeti, put we carnt put seats down as we have a 3 year old.....

unless we feed hin to the thing :devil:

fight001.jpg

tow bar and trailer looks the best solution :rofl:

was really hoping to get 2 in a yeti, put we carnt put seats down as we have a 3 year old.....

fight001.jpg

Good God, what are you doing to that horse?

It is a horse, isn't it?

:giggle:

on a serious note, for once!!, the Yeti has MUCH more height to accommodate a Dane in the boot.

However - a Great Dane is really not the best of travelling companions in a car, is it? You may be better off thinking of a JRT as a buddy for him... ... ... ...

fight001.jpg

I'm astounded! I've never seen a dog so big!

John

I have a suggestion..................

How about a nice sweet little Yorkshire Terrier???????

Keep the Dane (in a BIG field) emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Holy moley. I love my Yeti but boy, it is not big enough for your Great Dane to get in and travel in any form of comfort. Look at an X-Trail, maybe a Mitsubishi ASX or more likely an Outlander. Great picture to make me smile and start the day with though.

Have you asked your dog what car he /she wants as I suspect your dog is in charge of your family.

Hi Greatdane,

Do you really need a Yeti? Would a bridle and saddle not suffice? :rofl:

The rear seats were in place and pushed all the way the back in that photo with my dogs in boot, no spare wheel though, so a deeper boot. Height wise you should be ok.

I know of a fella from London who takes his 2 great danes to the same place as me in the mornings. He has an old Suzuki Vitara, I think, short wheel base one anyhow. Either he's taken the rear seats out/folded them down, or the dogs got hungry?

I would do as Mike suggested and take your dogs into a Skoda dealer to see if they fit in a Yeti! Maybe an old towel rested over he boot lip too?

After all, a new car is a big expense.

Edited by BigHusky

I looked into this - we have a lab. The boot is smaller than our Superb (by litres at least), but better for a dog to travel in as he can sit up, lie down etc with the greater height. In the Superb (hatch) he is not given much space and ends up lying down anyway. I compare and contrast this to my previous cars (with previous lab):

- Octavia Estate - Dog loved it, but with other stuff crammed around him (we have 2 kids under 4), it made no difference - fitting a dog, puschair and gubbins in is a tight squeeze.

- Jeep Grand Cherokee - brilliant, but a much bigger car, giving a much taller boot (though not as deep). At this point we did notn have rug rats, so it was dog and luggage - luggage on back seats...dog had all of boot and used to throw parties and invite around all of the bi...lady dogs!

- Golf GTi (Mk3) - WAY too small for the lab. He used to compress himself into the boot and again, all other stuff was on back seat.

So now, with 2 children, one lab, one dog cage etc, I managed to pack for a 4 day visit and it went in the Superb. When I drove the Yeti a week later, I realised the vertical space, the sliding seats, the extra harness points would allow me to pack the Yeti better and so the smaller boot (416 ltr in Yeti, seats slid back - 630 ltr in Superb) will swallow as much stuff.

For example, the pushchair had to go in on its side. this took up a huge space and made packing around it difficult. In the Yeti it could stand up to one side. Dog cage could sit at the back. Dog on one side of boot (split down half way line) and then luggage on other half. I then took out the middle seat and could fit the large holdall in between the back seats and if I REALLY wanted to go heavy, I could use my Skoda roof bars and roof box again (could in Octy, no bars on superb and haven't bought the Superb bars yet). this is 350 ltrs and would swallow more luggage, leaving lab in the boot with space to move etc.

What I don't know and no-one seems to quote is the boot space with the seats slid forward. It gives space with seats folded down and taken out, but what about that extra 30cm that is gained? I reckon that easily frees up another 100 ltrs at least!

fight001.jpg

Hi there,

The main reason for buying our Yeti was to fit our great dane puppy in, shes now 11 months old and still fits ( with room to spare ).

The rear seats stay up as they are just the right height to rest her head on!

The jump in is a doddle too :giggle:

R.

Edited by Macbert

What I don't know and no-one seems to quote is the boot space with the seats slid forward. It gives space with seats folded down and taken out, but what about that extra 30cm that is gained? I reckon that easily frees up another 100 ltrs at least!

I've posted his image from the French brochure in many of the Yeti boot threads but here goes again. It shows all the boot sizes in litres with the seats pushed in all manner of positions (without a spare wheel on the left column and with a spare wheel on the right):

bootspace.jpg

Johann - please could you post that as a link - again random work internet access blocks some images and not others - currently, it only appears to block all the images I really want to see and not the other images I'm not interested in....

Johann - please could you post that as a link - again random work internet access blocks some images and not others - currently, it only appears to block all the images I really want to see and not the other images I'm not interested in....

Here it is: http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3408/bootspace.jpg

I give up. I will have to try and view at home, if my wife, children and dog let me on the computer...

Imageshack is blocked at your work. Wether the pic is posted or just the URL.

Do the French Yeti's have a different system to our UK ones?

The info there surely is for the Roomster and not the Yeti. Our rear outer seats do NOT go behind the centre seat as far as I'm aware......

So the second set of pictures with the 405 litres is duff info.......

Mike

The middle seat doesn't slide forward or back, but does remove. So 416 litres is with outer seats in "normal", 405 litres slid back (but I suspect they mean reclined?) and 510 litres seats forward.

I want the capacity with the middle seat removed, as that looks to be able to swallow my 100 litre sports bag no problems...