I want to make a "Penny Racer"

tavia4x4

Here is a basic guide to creating a "penny racer" as have been flying about the web recently.

It's based on Paintshop Pro ver 7.04, but others should be similar.

Find a suitable image, try and start with something fairly side on, or if a 3qtr view, where the perspective is horizontal. (fig1)

Duplicate the image, and save as a different filename.

Resize the width as required, I find 50% works well, but experiment and go with what gives the best results. (fig2)

Copy the wheels and "some" wheelarch form the original image, into the new one, if there is a clear arch (like on a TT or Focus) you may want to get all of the widened area, otherwise just try to select the lip. (fig3)

Note cars at an angle away from the camera will need a size alteration of the furthest away wheel to look correct, also both wheels will need adjustment of angle.

And you should end up with something like this: (fig4)

3030.attach

3031.attach

3032.attach

3033.attach

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find 60% works quite well but it's all down to personal preference! I've never managed to get the wheel angle right when doing a car which is not sideways on... any chance of a lesson on that Ian?? :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...