South West meets and activities

ncarring

Hello :wave:. Time to get things moving in the South West. Tigger is already doing a good job organising the WSM meet, but sadly I'm going to miss that due to being on holiday. I've been given the job of coordinating meets etc. in this area and I have to say it's totally new to me, so I'll be grateful for any help I can get. Maybe those of you at WSM can give some thought to things you'd like to do in future, and Tigger, maybe you can gather the feedback then we can have some discussion about what we'd like to do.

It's a big area, and I know we're pretty well spread out, so it may be that we need more than one centre of activity. Anybody who fancies being an "area coordinator" or whatever, shout up and it's yours. All we need to do is make everybody aware of what meets there are, and they can choose whether they want to make the journey.

... Tigger is already doing a good job organising the WSM meet...

me organised :eek:

good job :eek:

I've never heard some one say that about me before :eek:

I do know theres a VW Audi meet coming up soon at Castle Coombe can't remember the details though

Some dates/ideas for you:

23 April - Spring action day, castle combe

15 May - Bristol Volksfest, Bristol

12 June - South West Motor Show, Newton Abbot

23 July - VAG action day, castle combe

28 Aug - Weston Wheels, W-S-M.

Paul

Yeah lol! i own a seat cordoba sx (hence name) and im a club se (seatenthusiasts)member. joined briskoda.net as my dads just purchased a octavia vrs.

I have had abit of an idea regarding your meet in weston in march. Would your club be interested in making it a joint briskoda/club se meet or a joint seat/skoda meet? we have a avon and somerset region that meet up every month and had the idea the two clubs could meet??

What your thoughts? only an idea at the moment.

Paul

Cool! Thanks. Do I gather from your username you are one of our "spanish cousins" ?

April 2: VW/Audi Track Day. Castle Combe Circuit. Call Autometrix on 01525 750500 for further info. thats the details if anyone wants to sort that?

Hope you don't mind Tigger but i've copied this to the trackday forum. :thumbup:

OK. Well, Paul (CORDY_SXMAN) has already mentioned it, but at SEATenthusiasts we have local meets in the area, normally in Bristol. I'm actually the 'local host' for the region on SE. I'd deffinately be interested in setting up some joint meets with you guys in the future. Personally I won't be able to make the WSM meet, but would be good to get some joint meets going for the two clubs.

I'll put a post up here when we get our next meet organised, see if any of you guys are interested in coming along.

Sounds like a good idea for joint meets to take place between the 2 sites. :thumbup:

Also, as most of you on here know, I am a regular poster and attendee of meets on Briskoda. What alot of you won't know, is that I am the Southern region co-ordinator for SeatEnthusiasts, so, I shall do my best to help either side in setting up joint meets and events in the future. :)

Can those of you in the SouthWest please help by going to the User Control Panel - Miscellaneous - Group Memberships and join the South West group which will help us communicate on meets and events. Thanks!

And when you join, can you specify your whereabouts in the "reason" box, please - that will help get a detailed idea of the distribution. Thanks.

Can those of you in the SouthWest please help by going to the User Control Panel - Miscellaneous - Group Memberships and join the South West group which will help us communicate on meets and events. Thanks!

And when you join, can you specify your whereabouts in the "reason" box, please - that will help get a detailed idea of the distribution. Thanks.

Do I understand correctly that there are no defined borders to the areas - e.g. based on postcodes or the like?

Hence someone one the borderline of two areas - e.g. Gloucester, which could be South West or Midlands - could benefit from joining both?

• 1 month later...
Ok then that was the Weston meet whats next for the South West is it the VW day fingy in May in Bristol or the VW / Audi group meet at Castle Coombe

or does anyone have any other ideas???

Tigger- would you be up for a meet in marlborough (wiltshire)?

We can organise a meet up there if there is enough interest.

Lorna