Yeti TV Ad

Sprockutt

OK; so the CGI graphics are good but who in their right might presses the 'off-road' button when in a City. What's the point?

Perhaps I should try it when I'm out next, maybe I'll meet an Elephant? :giggle:

Interesting. I used my Off road button on Sunday and also did not see any elephants! Would not have minded seeing a cheetah though! :giggle:

who in their right might presses the 'off-road' button when in a City

I used the Off-road button a few times driving around Edinburgh at the end of November/early December last year.

I used the Off-road button a few times driving around Edinburgh at the end of November/early December last year.

I used it continually, for almost a month,when we had over a foot of snow and ice in December...works well on road.:yes:

Thinking about this ad though, it is TERRIBLE. It should show what the car can do and not this. This could be read as that it certainly can't manage the real thing and is hopeless at off roading hence you can only do "off roading" in the city....... :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Thinking about this ad though, it is TERRIBLE. It should show what the car can do and not this. This could be read as that it certainly can't manage the real thing and is hopeless at off roading hence you can only do "off roading" in the city....... :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I havn't been impressed with the Skoda advertising at all. It certainly doesn't back up the 'simply clever' marketing speak.

The Fabia ad is very poor off the shelf advertising as well, designed to appeal to the 'yoof' market. I think this is most likely due to a much reduced marketing budget compared to Volkswagen. These classic VW ad's from the 70's are what I would call simply clever...

volkswagen_lemon.jpg

volkswagen.jpg

i'd forgotten about this Yeti TV ad ... it was aired several times a day on French TV while I was over there recently.

• 2 weeks later...

i'd forgotten about this Yeti TV ad ... it was aired several times a day on French TV while I was over there recently.

And still going strong on French TV in the last few weeks! Still don't seem to be many Yetis on the road there yet, though.

And still going strong on French TV in the last few weeks! Still don't seem to be many Yetis on the road there yet, though.

Hi Andrew ... I saw a few on my excursion to Chamonix last month - more in the 16 days I was out there than in the previous 3 months here in the UK (though 2 were Italian reg and one British :giggle: )

Hi Andrew ... I saw a few on my excursion to Chamonix last month - more in the 16 days I was out there than in the previous 3 months here in the UK (though 2 were Italian reg and one British :giggle: )

As reported elsewhere in my holiday thread, I saw two Yetis near Calais and two in Aix-en-Provence; one on the way down near Ashford and one on the way back on the M25. Around here, I've only ever seen a silver one near Grassington, a capuccino one at Kettlewell and a blue one near Catterick - so, overall, I suppose the hioliday sightings suggest an increasing presence of SMs on the roads!