These Arrived Today.....................................

Hi guys, finally some good news from me.

These came today:

IMG00286-20110329-1057.jpg

IMG00287-20110329-1057.jpg

IMG00288-20110329-1057.jpg

What does the arrow mean? is that pointing to the front of the calliper which would mean that that one is the passengers side one?

They came with EBC dimples and grooved disks like I had on before and still have on the rear so will match up nice.

Now to do is remove the pads and pins and brackets. Rub them down and paint them Green with Hammerite smooth green using a sponge. Lots of fine layers leaving each layer to dry inside for 24hr ish I think should do it. Prob put 4-6 thin layers on. I was then thinking of putting a coat of laquer on them then but as one member has pointed out, they will go dull.

To go with this addon Ill be putting TT Hub assys on to go with the cast wishbones.

TPS/Dealer PN:

LCR Brake lines: 1ML 611 701 A x2

Brake Carrier Bolts: N 907 085 04 x4

Brake splash Guards: Left 8N0 615 311 A

Right 8N0 615 312 A

Splash Guard Bolts: N 903 053 04 x6

Plus all new Nuts and Bolts for the suspension which are in the PN sticky. The TT Hubs should be here by thursday which will be getting Rubbed down and painted lightly for a tad more protection then sent in to a local Mech to have the New Bearings pressed in to them properly. I have until a week Saturday to get all this done too as I get a 3 day rest period. Gonna try get a few extra days off too just to be sure.

If I get the days extra Ill try my best to get pics of everything so you can all see.

Ill also get together all the PN of items used off ETKA and post them up.

How much would it cost to get the Brembos Powder coated? anyone know anywhere I can get it done? (Cardiff area)

cheers

Billy

Damn you, you got the brackets with them!!! :p

Need to get me some brackets, lines, splash guards, disks and pads and carriers for mine! :S

You planning the Skoda green as well??

When you planning on throwing them on???

All being well Ill be getting everything on 09-11 Apr. Will be looking at getting a day either side off too as leave to be sure I have enough time lol, wont be staying up till 0430 doing it tho!

Yes mate, I have always loved the look of the mk1 vRS and think the colours on it are ace and really show off how good you look after them ie the white. Everyone seems to go red so green is in keeping with the car. Even my R32 front seats will one day be re covered to match the vRS interior.

only bad thing is Ill need some spacers to use the Spiders tho. bit miffed but it has to be done.

Should I just get 4 or 5 mm ones for the front or should I get 4or5 mm ones for both front and back?

billy

edit

Yes everything came with it bar the soft flexi lines that he cut to get them off the car.

Guest westallc

leave them red and do the rears red to match imo look so so so much better on a black car when red green looks gash !!!!

will be a top top car once finished buddy :thumbup: :thumbup:

cheers clive mate, have the dvla been on to you again? I sent the paperwork offsaying it was scrapped. the scrapy too the rest and just left me the one slip and hisown paper which Ive photocopied as proof as he said they do have a tendancy to loose them.

Hope all going well wi that scoob mate

billy

ps cant wait to get them on lol only goint green as that is the std colour. I want it to look std ish lol

:giggle:

Im planning to paint mine green as well.

I think it will look very well!

As for spacers, I was thinking the same myself. I'm just going to put them on the front and see how that looks.

Looking forward to checkin up on this thread! :thumbup:

Hi guys, finally some good news from me.

What does the arrow mean? is that pointing to the front of the calliper which would mean that that one is the passengers side one?

Billy

I don't know about Brembo but it normally means direction disc rotation when moving forwards.

Just put them on bleed nipples to the top :thumbup:

And if you want to paint them the easiest way is to get a can of two pack paint, whatever colour you like! and use that

Hammerite is ****e and like has been said if you clear coat them they go dull!!!

And the two pack stuff is very hard once dry, just dont breathe any in when spaying :thumbup:

calipers are sided, the bleed nipple should point up iirc

running thicker spacers on the front only gives a wider front track and helps reduce understeer....if its good enough for the LCR then go figure :thumbup:

Just put them on bleed nipples to the top :thumbup:

And if you want to paint them the easiest way is to get a can of two pack paint, whatever colour you like! and use that

Hammerite is ****e and like has been said if you clear coat them they go dull!!!

And the two pack stuff is very hard once dry, just dont breathe any in when spaying :thumbup:

where can I get this paint? and do they do a green that will match the rears?

calipers are sided, the bleed nipple should point up iirc

running thicker spacers on the front only gives a wider front track and helps reduce understeer....if its good enough for the LCR then go figure :thumbup:

so from that I only need to put spacers on the front then?

where can I get this paint? and do they do a green that will match the rears?

I've been trying to work out the same thing here:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/195549-hammerite-for-brake-callipers/

I can only find bright greens.

Half tempted to go red or black instead as they're easy to get locally.

But I do like the Skoda green brakes - makes it different.

You only need to run spacers on the front, no need to put them on the back unless you really want to, im running 5mm spacers on my car with 996 calipers.

The paint!

If you go to any automotive paint su[ppliers they will mix it for you from hundreds of swabs!! i got a colour to match my VRS rears no problem

If you want a pic i can email you on of what they look like green!?

you dont need to put them on the rear, the only reason you need them on the front is to clear the calipers. but there is no requirement to add them on the rear other than to try to match the looks of the front however you will not even notice with 5mm spacers either side. Save your money, do fronts only as a wider front track IS only going to help with understeer, adding rears will cost more and cancel that positive effect. I run 15mm spacers either side on the front end of my car!!

Guest westallc

cheers clive mate, have the dvla been on to you again? I sent the paperwork offsaying it was scrapped. the scrapy too the rest and just left me the one slip and hisown paper which Ive photocopied as proof as he said they do have a tendancy to loose them.

Hope all going well wi that scoob mate

billy

ps cant wait to get them on lol only goint green as that is the std colour. I want it to look std ish lol

:giggle:

not heard nowt wich is good

p.s hurry up i want you to take me for a drive once its done buddy B)

p.s im off for a few weeks soon so call if you need a hand buddy :thumbup:

not heard nowt wich is good

p.s hurry up i want you to take me for a drive once its done buddy B)

p.s im off for a few weeks soon so call if you need a hand buddy :thumbup:

lol Im trying mate. Want the car done and sorted so I can sort out selling the rest of the stuff. hardly anything has gone yet lol. I seriousle thinking of just binning it its getting to me that bad.

Ne probs mate, should be ok I hope.

Ill sell the stuff somehow.

:thumbup:

lol Im trying mate. Want the car done and sorted so I can sort out selling the rest of the stuff. hardly anything has gone yet lol. I seriousle thinking of just binning it its getting to me that bad.

Ill sell the stuff somehow.

:thumbup:

Put a price on the stuff that will nmake it sell buddy.... :rofl:

regarding the arrow - are the pistons two different sizes? If so then the calipers should be mounted so that the smaller piston leads the larger with respect to disc rotation. This often coincides with the arrow marking indicating disc rotation direction

regarding the arrow - are the pistons two different sizes? If so then the calipers should be mounted so that the smaller piston leads the larger with respect to disc rotation. This often coincides with the arrow marking indicating disc rotation direction

Yeah what he said!

The smaller piston moves first and comes into contact with the disc first and it will be top if the disc rotates forward, ie the way its fitted to a Leon or on an Octy!

Plus the nipples should be at the top, thats the best way to get it right with these calipers!

The only problem comes when you get some Porsche calipers of of some cars which are fitted to the front or rear one way and on others the other way with the same caliper!

So they need the nipples and the balence pipe changing around to make them fit the right way up with the samllest piston to the top.

But dont worry about all that stuff!

On your just fit nipples to the top! :thumbup: