Winter wheel storeage

DaveLees

Hi Dave,

there's some info in the tyre and rim guide My link but if you don't have them on a stand then stacking them on top of each other is fine. Best to lay a decent 'square' of ply on the floor and I've included a slot cut to the centre to allow air to circulate, hopefully prevent condensation with temp changes etc.

There's a link to this in the guide but to save time try Michelin My link

Regards,

TP

Hi Dave,

there's some info in the tyre and rim guide My link but if you don't have them on a stand then stacking them on top of each other is fine. Best to lay a decent 'square' of ply on the floor and I've included a slot cut to the centre to allow air to circulate, hopefully prevent condensation with temp changes etc.

There's a link to this in the guide but to save time try Michelin My link

Regards,

TP

Hi Tim

'

Thanks for the info. Your 'old tyres' have done just under 3000 miles with no visable wear.

Regards

Dave

Scarlet had her summer wheels put back on today.

What is the best way to store winter wheels, do they have to have a space between them? .

This is what I use. I bought this "wheel tree" while in Austria about 5 years ago. It has a cover as well to keep light and dust off the wheels. It looks very siilar to the Westphalia product (http://www2.westfalia.net/search/index.php?suche=fact_finder&suchbegriff_fact_finder=wheel+rim+tree) which is on sale at £19.99.

I would recommend it wholeheartedly.

John

IMG_0229.jpg[/img]

Edited by jst_at_home

If you can't get a "tree" then stack the wheels up in the same way, but put a hessian sack or pieces of old carpet between each one. This allows air to circulate. It is also best not to store them in a sunny area, and to cover them as well.

Scarlet had her summer wheels put back on today.

What is the best way to store winter wheels, do they have to have a space between them? .

I'm using the Westphalia wheel tree (the slightly more expensive version) and am entirely happy with it. If ordering from the Westphalia site, don't order the tree cover as one comes with the wheel tree.

http://www2.westfali...t_finder=841155

Space between wheels, comes with cover too :thumbup:

That is exactly what I bought. See this thread:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/196437-the-winter-tyres-are-now-stored/

But as stated don't fall for Westfalia's trick when they suggest you buy a cover as well. It comes with a cover. There is a version with plastic feet too, but I can recommend this one as it has some very sturdy metal feet.

20.jpg

Some good tips there, I have some old carpet so think I will have to stack the up and try to hide them from the wife. :rofl:

Curious minds want to know: What's yer wife gonna do with the winter tyres?????

Am I missing out on something?

Curious minds want to know: What's yer wife gonna do with the winter tyres?????

Am I missing out on something?

She's already moaning that our spare room will need to be tided and thats where I would have stored them, they in the garden the now, but the alloys for the Fabia were stuck in the spare room for a few months, so I need somewhere to hide them.