Colour HELP!

Not having a great eye for colour, what is the general opinion regarding ivory leather or the black for a light coloured paint (amethyst or cappucino)?

Black carpets for practicality though!

Not having a great eye for colour, what is the general opinion regarding ivory leather or the black for a light coloured paint (amethyst or cappucino)?

Black carpets for practicality though!

I have ordered Amethyst Purple and Ivory leather. Here are some pictures from similar setup. Might help someone to decide:

image0050.jpg

image0051.jpg

image0052.jpg

image0053.jpg

image0054.jpg

image0056.jpg

Kensym,

Thanks for this, however I found one today Nr Manchester at a dealer and have nearly wet myself it's such a great colour.

Far better than I could have hoped.

Yes indeed it is Anthracite, in fact as was previously mentioned vw call it pearl mocca anthracite.

It's a stunning colour, very dark anthracite with a hint if godly brown in a classy way.

Have also gone ivory with wood but opted for the dark carpets to be safe.

YES! 15 weeks to go!!!

Hiya,

The name escapes me but it's near cheadle. Put Skoda Manchester in and iirc it's the first one that comes up.

It's a limo not an estate but the colours right. Looks great, let me know when you've seen it.

Dave

Bury new road or eccles? Ring any bells?

A57 M30-7LW

Speak to the indian sales guy and ask him about the nutty guy that got all excited about the Mocca on Monday, bet he laughs.

Enjoy!

Hiya,

The name escapes me but it's near cheadle. Put Skoda Manchester in and iirc it's the first one that comes up.

It's a limo not an estate but the colours right. Looks great, let me know when you've seen it.

Dave

Hi,

we live in Cheadle/Cheadle Hulme & the closest dealer (from whom we bought our car - & no complaints or issues) is Claybank Motors, Eccles, just of Jct 11 on the M60 (M/cr ring road) - official address is:

718 Liverpool Road, Peel Green,

Eccles,

Manchester,

M30 7LW

Tel: 0161 788 0471

I dealt with Rob & he was helpful & realistic re. delivery etc. Only a small dealership re. size/space-wise but apparently they have some of the highest sales figures.

as I might have mentioned before, ours is Amethyst Purple. Drop me a PM if you're in the are & fancy seeing this colour too.

Regards

Stef

p.s. the Indian Guy is called Mo, he's helpful too but I found Rob more customer orientated.

Edited by sk8tergirl

Stef,

You probably said somewhere already but what colour seats etc have you got?

I wquite like the idea of light coloured ones with the amethyst but my other half says dark (probably going for the elegance & leather so Ivory Vs Onyx)

Cheers

Dave

Stef,

I wquite like the idea of light coloured ones with the amethyst but my other half says dark (probably going for the elegance & leather so Ivory Vs Onyx)

Cheers

Dave

They have Ivory (I remember them complaining about trying to keep the ivory carpets clean!)

Don't remember seeing any photo's though?

I should pickup my Superb tomorrow, Amethyst with Beige Glamour leather (plain leather, no alcantara) and with black carpets. So I can take few pictures to see how it looks in that combination. For me it is the best what you can achieve with beige interior and keep it practical regarding cleaning.

There is just on thing I don't like. Black carpeting is just on the floor, and up to the lower part of the door. But, B pillar has black plastic moulding which goes much higher, almost to the height of windows. It is kind a obtrusive in beige zone :)

I should pickup my Superb tomorrow, Amethyst with Beige Glamour leather (plain leather, no alcantara) and with black carpets. So I can take few pictures to see how it looks in that combination. For me it is the best what you can achieve with beige interior and keep it practical regarding cleaning.

There is just on thing I don't like. Black carpeting is just on the floor, and up to the lower part of the door. But, B pillar has black plastic moulding which goes much higher, almost to the height of windows. It is kind a obtrusive in beige zone :)

I am quite a fan of the amethyst/ivory leather/black carpets combination.

The wife however thinks that ivory will be no good and show the dirt, particularly the bits of carpet that are ivory.

Any experience out there? I want to put an order in in the next 10 days and this is the only sticking point.

Any help/advice appreciated.

BW

Dave

I am quite a fan of the amethyst/ivory leather/black carpets combination.

The wife however thinks that ivory will be no good and show the dirt, particularly the bits of carpet that are ivory.

Any experience out there? I want to put an order in in the next 10 days and this is the only sticking point.

Any help/advice appreciated.

I don't think you have any ivory carpet in black carpet combination. Beige part in lower section of interior is beige plastic, which is same for cleaning as black one. Beige plastic is better in long term use, it can be more demanding to clean but you can clean it with almost anything. And regarding scratches it looks much better on beige since scratches tend to leave brighter marks, which are more noticeable on black surface.

But still, most scratch prone region around door sills is still black plastic, which I don't really like but... I promise to send some pics as soon as I get Superb. It was one of the biggest dilemmas for me, and I couldn't wind many pictures describing it correctly.

Thanks Dave & Steph for all your help. Steph I would love to see your amethyst, I will be over your way next week and will send you a pm to see if we can arrange if that's ok

Stef,

I quite like the idea of light coloured ones with the amethyst but my other half says dark (probably going for the elegance & leather so Ivory Vs Onyx)

Cheers

Dave

They have Ivory (I remember them complaining about trying to keep the ivory carpets clean!)

Hi Guys,

sorry been out & about & no tinternet on my travels... so quick comments...

Contractman1 - No problem, drop me a PM & we should be able to sort out.

Dave - Gizmo68 is correct, we have the all Ivory interior, carpets & seats... & yes he's also correct re carpet cleaning - seats, not a problem.

Gizmo68 - you are paying attention! Well done! re. photo's... with a nice weekend coming up, I hope to get the opportunity to give the beast a clean & take some pics.... sorry! I'll consider my wrists slapped :'(

Thanks

Stef

Edited by sk8tergirl

Hi,

wrists duely slapped & the following is to keep Gizmo happy :yes:

My link

I hope this works... first time for posting pics / links on here so a 2nd attempt may be required... :S

Regards

Stef

Hi,

wrists duely slapped & the following is to keep Gizmo happy :yes:

My link

I hope this works... first time for posting pics / links on here so a 2nd attempt may be required... :S

Regards

Stef

Did you had any trouble fixing child seats? I have two ISOFIX child seats, one group 3 and other group 2, and I find that ISOFIX latches are too far and too deep into the seat. Now I am unable to recline or move any of child seats further from backrest.

Did you had any trouble fixing child seats? I have two ISOFIX child seats, one group 3 and other group 2, and I find that ISOFIX latches are too far and too deep into the seat. Now I am unable to recline or move any of child seats further from backrest.

Hi, I'm not going to be able to help you I'm afraid. The child seats we have are not ISOFix ones. We had a Vectra Estate before getting the Superb and ISOFix was not available/installed. It would no doubt be a little safer with ISOFix but I don't think we'll be changing the seats now (although I do need one new one soon - I shall test before purchase - thanks for highlighting potential problem).

However, it is noticable for the kids trying to put their seat belts on that the car is narrower (than the Vectra) as the seat belt buckle nearly always ends up underneath their car seats. Its awkward but they manage (ages 6 & 8 years).

You may have noticed the blankets under the seats, this is just to protect the seat/leather from being "mis-shaped" or becoming marked.

So "normal" Graco seats are not much better :no: It would be best IMO to find a child seat with a narrower base if possible. If you find one.... feel free to pas on the info. Thanks.

Stef

You may have noticed the blankets under the seats, this is just to protect the seat/leather from being "mis-shaped" or becoming marked.

So "normal" Graco seats are not much better :no: It would be best IMO to find a child seat with a narrower base if possible. If you find one.... feel free to pas on the info. Thanks.

I know, I have beige leather and I bought garden chair cushions, in same beige color to put underneath. I am waiting for sun to take some pictures and write my first impression. My kids are 3 & 4, and soon I will move younger to Group 3, so I will have to find another. I like Isofix option for group 3 seats, as you don't have to fix seats with seat belt when they are empty. But it was really hard to put them in place, it looked to me like it wasn't planned very well. And it is tough to play with that bare metal anchors on leather, you can't suppress feeling that you will leave marks...

• 3 weeks later...

The Amethyst Purple will be superb. I am myself awaiting delivery of a Rosso Brunello Superb Estate, Elegance trim. Had I seen the amethyst first I would undoubtedly have ordered that colour as it is classy indeed in the flesh. Not at all like silver. My wife drooled over it in the showroom - figuratively speaking. I even attempted to get my dealer to change the colour but it would have set back an already late delivery (7 months) plus add a price rise of 2%. The Rosso Brunello looks fabulous when the sun is on it, the area in shade being much darker.