Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

Hi NFA

Out with the old - in with the new...

Extras are on back-order, so no cost to me other than the delay to get them supplied and fitted. **** happens, but no argument from dealer and it'll eventually be fitted with all the naughty bits which it should've arrived with.

Pleased with it overall - different gearing from Polo and trying to drive it gently resulting in a much modified driving style on my part - having to go up/down through the gears much more. Av.MPG not spectacular by any means, but given it'll take 10k to bed everything in properly I'm not watching it too much. (Nice to have the Cruise Control, but not sure if that adds or detracts from fuel economy).

Now a member of the Fabia Brigade - woo-hoo!

post-43732-0-30310600-1394647822_thumb.jpg

Congratulations.

Ours is in Germany waiting for shipment over here. I am actually getting excited now which at 42 is quite bizarre :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Ordered a new vRS yesterday - delivery sometime in March

Options:

Rio Red

Black Wheels

Black Roof

Climate

Cruise

Electric rear windows

3rd rear headrest

Sunglasses holder

Can't wait 

Update on previous post - now at dealers, just waiting for the Eibach's to be fitted and the DVLA to register my private plate - hopefully have it next week 

• Like 1

Dave,

Sounds nice.  I've not seen many in Rio Red.  Works well with the black.  Can I ask, have the dealer supplied and fitted your Eibach's and it'll still be under warranty etc.?  How much do they lower it by?  Just wondered as I pick mine up in a week or so and thought about having this done.  What sort of price were they supplied and fitted please if you don't mind?

Thanks.

Dave,

Sounds nice.  I've not seen many in Rio Red.  Works well with the black.  Can I ask, have the dealer supplied and fitted your Eibach's and it'll still be under warranty etc.?  How much do they lower it by?  Just wondered as I pick mine up in a week or so and thought about having this done.  What sort of price were they supplied and fitted please if you don't mind?

Thanks.

Hi there,

Not seen a Fabia in Rio yet so really looking forward to seeing ours.

The dealer is supplying and fitting the Eibach's before delivery, this way they are covered by the warranty, which i've taken over 4 years free of charge. The cost was £350 which seemed fair but i think one or two on here may have got cheaper. In terms of lowering, i haven't actually seen it yet but i believe they are supposed to be 25mm lower which should be about perfect for me.

As soon as i get it i'll post up some piccies and let you know how the springs feel.

Dave

I am excited to see your cars, also not having seen a vRS in Rio Red yet.

Was the extra 4th year Warranty 'Free Gratis' part of some finance deal?

Hi,

Sort of, we've traded in the wife's 1.2 TSI Elegance and financed the rest over 3yrs at 0% (PCP?) and as part of the deal we've got 3yrs free servicing and 4 yrs warranty. It was originally 3 yrs warranty but i played the 'known engine oil use' card and got the 4th year thrown in as well.

Whilst i know i'm going to have to make a decision in 3yrs my man maths told me a brand new vRS for £170/m with nothing to pay apart tax for the next 3 yrs seemed too good an offer to miss :-)

Dave

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update on my delivery:

So the car arrived at the dealer on 10th March and being naive i asked them to register the car from new with my personal plate that i had on retention - getting for 5 weeks later the car still hasn't been delivered as the DVLA haven't registered it yet - not sure if the garage sent the details late or the DVLA have lost them, either way i'm starting to get a little hacked off....

I was recently advised that the build date for my Fabia had been put back by a further 5 weeks by the factory., which means that I could be taking delivery in early June. Not happy with this. So, I cancelled the order and have decided to go for a Rapid Spaceback instead. Hoping to pick it up next week ....

Les

• 1 month later...

We picked up Fabia 1.2 TSI 85hp yesterdays, three weeks to the day after the test drive. The car had actually been in the dealer for a week, but we were away and not couldn't pick it up. Spec was all correct - bog standard SE, Pacific Blue, spare wheel - and we had absolutely no problems. There was even a little cute sign with our names by the sellers' desk when we arrived, which made us smile. :)

• 4 weeks later...

My Mother had a phone call on Tuesday 10th June 2014 saying that the car (Fabia vRS) will be built next week.

She ordered it 13th May 2014.

So it's been 28 days since the order was placed, this seems very quick from order to build.

This may be due to the fact that the Fabia production line is getting ready for the new Fabia soon so ŠKODA might be producing the last batch of certain models of Fabia.

Still hoping to hold off picking it up until September though to have a nice new 64 plate.

• 2 weeks later...

Had another phone call today saying that the car has been built and that it is now waiting at the docks ready to be put on the ship.

The delivery to the dealers will take around 3 weeks.

The original 6 month wait that people had to endure for an automatic Fabia has decreased dramatically and its a lot shorter than the 3 month delivery time scale initially stated.

The dealer said that we can hold off registration until September because my mother is away in August. So it will be a 64-plate Fabia.