GOODYEAR EFFICIENCY GRIP any one used them on a Octavia VRS

Hi peeps, as per the title this is my question. there doesnt seem many helpful reviews out there and what i have found the cars aren't much cop so wondered if any one has had them fitted on a VRS?

If so how do they handle in wet and dry?

how long does the tread last?

road noise is it good or bad?

I have also considered two mid range tyres

Avon ZV5

Hankook Ventus EVO S1 here is a review where it was rated number one in 2010 and 2011 but AMS and Autobild click here

Two premiums which are mega expensive

Continental ContiSportContact 3

Michelin PS3

i have fitted at present Michelin pilot primacy with around 3mm of tread all around. I also have winter tyres but in shed so they might last till winter then i change all 4 in one go.

what are peoples thoughts on the Goodyears and the others i have listed. the reason i am asking about the goodyears is ive been offered them for £320 just for tyres then would need fitting. I live in west midlands so id need to get prices but a garage i use charged me £42.50 to take off 4 winter tyres and put on the 4 summer tyres i have which included wheel change and balance and fitting. so i guess if i went back they would charge £10 a corner.

cheers ryan

Got them all round on mine, wet grip could be better, I think they are quite firm to help fuel efficiency, lasted well so far but only done about 4K with them on. Personally I'd go for Goodyear eagles over them and pay an extra few quid per tyre next time. Mine came with 4 brand new ones though, and I only do about 6K per year so looks like they will be on for a while.

Cannot comment re a VRS but the lease company fitted these on V50 to replace OEM Pirelli P7.

Best part of them is road noise which is markedly better than the P7.

They aren't as grippy as the P7 on warm dry tarmac, as they seem a bit squirmy in comparison. They are NOT performance tyres, more suitable for wafting about.

However I'd say they are better when it starts to get a bit cold and wet as I found the P7s were decidedly iffy late in the year and early when just taken winters off on one of those still cold damp mornings.

Wear rate looks OK, but I'm not hard on tyres so early days yet.

When I saw they'd put low rolling resistance tyres on was expecting them to be worse than they actually are, but as above they are not performance tyres.

Apologies for not comparing them with your chosen alternatives.

try http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Goodyear/EfficientGrip.htm

Ive recently had them fitted to the rears, reason was the price of £220 fitted the pair which I thought Ok for a premium brand tyre.

They seem Ok but only thing I dont like is that they dont seem as wide!! they are ofcoarse 225/40x18 but they don't look as wide as the Dunlop Sportmaxx I now have on the front transferred from the rear, which had sawtoothed badly and were really noisey at first but now not too bad and the lumps on the inside edge seem to be smoothing out.

Not got a VRS, but i do have the 2.0tdi 140, just fitted some Continental ContiSportContact 2's on the rear after removing the worn dunlops that came with the car, think i should have ordered the 3's.

Cheersfor the replys guys. I was eithergunna buy thegoodyears as could get 4 tyres for £319.99 plus balance which is around £10 per corner or I'd like to try hankook ventus evo s1. Both are a gamble I guess for a performance car.

hi Grizzle, as ive found from reviews it gets rated highly but i wanted to see if anyone had actually used the hankook evo s1 as they around £80 a corner. But most sites listed them as mid range which i think is down to price yet hankook rate them as premium so i was wondering what wear of the tyre is like?

Ryan

If you want to know what are the best tyres for a Vrs, then take a look at the Auto Express Tyre Test as they used a FL Vrs as the test vehicle.

Conti SC3's won btw.

HTH.

Continentals won at Continental's test track. I think being tested on the track where they are developed must be an advantage surely?.

Continentals won at Continental's test track. I think being tested on the track where they are developed must be an advantage surely?.

I've had conti's in the past and when they get down to 3 to 4mm left they arn't as good.

German tyre laws are different to the uk so perhaps the rubber compound isn't as good at these depths.

Just my opinion though................Uniroyals are made by Continental

Disclaimer:- " I think"

as said by the original poster peoples reviews count for a lot, listen to the people who use them