Anyone ordered heated windscreen and or lumber supports?

john96

Guys,

Are the lumbar supports worth it? And is the heated screen any good, or shall I keep the scraper!!

Edited by john96

I have both and wouldn't be without either. depends on budget and if you want them/need them.

The electric drivers seat is brilliant, much better lumbar support and range of adjustment.

As previously said, the heated screen is great and if you ever suffer with a sore back then the electric seats are great - even better when they are heated as well as they give your main body core warmth which will help relieve back pain.

Also on the heated seats....if you have a diesel, the OP doesn't say which, then they take ages to warm up so in the cold weather, even in London, I used the heated seats all the time until the engine warmed up enough to warm the interior.

The electric lumber is fantastic. When I sit in the passenger seat I'm sorry to say the standard lumber lever thingy is pretty crude. It just rotates forward at a preset height. If that is not where you want it you have no choice. The electric one can move up and down by about 150mm and in and out by about 50mm or so I say. So you can vary it during a journey to relieve pain though in truth I've never had to do that as the seats are super comfortable.

I don't have the heated screen since I don't use my Yeti to commute to work. So I rarely do early morning starts and thus could not justify the outlay.

Guys,

Are the lumbar supports worth it? And is the heated screen any good, or shall I keep the scraper!!

Yes the lumbar supports are worth the expense on the SE, or standard on the Elegance. The electric memory seat package on the Elegance does give you a further degree of control and adjustment though.

The heated screen works very well. If you get a petrol it isn't so important as I find they heat up very quickly where as the diesels without question benefit more from the heated screen as they need to be driven to heat up.

I don't have a heated scree, lumbar supports OR electric memory seats. but I DO have a sunroof and thoroughly recommend getting one :giggle:

The heated windscreen is the absolute business in my (rather humble) opinion! It allows you to set off on frosty mornings and evenings that much quicker thus saving precious fuel! It is also amazing how quickly you can switch it off!! With a windscreen full of frost, at first it seems that nothings happening then one flick of the wipers and it's all gone. Worth every penny! I'm only sorry I didn't get two!!

Edited by Horacecoker

Ivor is garaged overnight, so we really didn't need the extra expense of a heated screen.

My Superb's the Same, Garaged every night, but, i still went for the windscreen and washers. (Heated, not just there!)

I regularly work long days (self employed) and the last thing i want at 10pm, after a 14 hour day, is to scrape the windscreen!

Al.

Heated screen is brilliant, clears frost in less than 2 minutes, while you scrape the other windows.

Andy

Do you know if it affects the operation of a standalone Sat Nav, a friend of mine has a Renault with a heated screen and he says his TomTom will not work properly because the heating filament in the screen disrupts the satellite signal.

I have both and wouldn't be without either. depends on budget and if you want them/need them.

The electric drivers seat is brilliant, much better lumbar support and range of adjustment.

+1

Do you know if it affects the operation of a standalone Sat Nav, a friend of mine has a Renault with a heated screen and he says his TomTom will not work properly because the heating filament in the screen disrupts the satellite signal.

For what it's worth, I was worried that the heated screen elements might affect the working of our electronic motorway pass in France, but there was no problem at all.