Climate problem

OK guy's now the good weather has arrived my climate control has decided to give up working. If i press the ECON button and top right oblong to enter the settings as in this link I can't scroll up and down through the numbers with the passenger side fan control it just says i0 on both screens. Could this be anything to do with it and is there some way of resetting the system?

I have searched and found the re-set for the climatic by holding the ECON and bottom left oblong button and this does flick through and you can hear the flaps moving etc but it's done nothing to fix the problem.

Any other tricks to try before I have to pay a big bill to get it fixed.

Any advise or comments really apprciated

Try retrieving any error codes.

With the ignition on, press the AUTO button. Then press the OFF and TEMPERATURE INCREASE buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds.

Write down the 4-digit diagnostic code. Press the TEMPERATURE INCREASE button briefly to get the next code.

Repeat until the code is 0000 which means no more codes.

Press the OFF button briefly to exit.

Let us know what codes you have

Thanks for the reply but I don't have a off button as such, it's the climate system like this. Is there another way to access the fault codes on this type of system?

IMG_7667.jpg

Take a look at this thread, where another forum member gave me some tips on how to view various settings in the climate control displays:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/196338-air-con-not-working/page__p__2333520__hl__compressor__fromsearch__1#entry2333520

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the air con wasn't working and in my case it seems the compressor has packed up meaning a bill of £800 - £900 to replace.

Take a look at this thread, where another forum member gave me some tips on how to view various settings in the climate control displays:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/196338-air-con-not-working/page__p__2333520__hl__compressor__fromsearch__1#entry2333520

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the air con wasn't working and in my case it seems the compressor has packed up meaning a bill of £800 - £900 to replace.

Thanks for the reply

Well if it's the compressor it's not getting fixed then. Unfortunately for some reason I can't access the settings, when I press the buttons i just get i0 on both screens and I have accessed this in the past so I assume it's not looking good

You do have an 'OFF' button, it just needs enabling (a small bit of plastic removing so that it works). It is the top half of the centre fan speed dial.

Have a look here

Yes I have already done that, I didn't explain very well but thats what I meant by 'i don't have an off button as such'. Sorry I should have pointed this out but thanks for the reply as it's a handy little tip.

I couldn't get it to do anything even using this off button

I have just been back in the car and the led screens now say OE5 on the passenger side and 02h on the drivers side and if i turn the passenger temp control it just flick back to i0 and won't do anything else. The centre fan control does nothing if I turn it.

Anyone got any ideas?

• 5 years later...

good evening every body...and a happy new year,i have a problem with my clmatronic....i dont have hot air...only cold or to less hot with internal flow..can you give me any sugestion?thank you.octavia 5 1.8 tsi .2oo8.