Vrs Estate ordered

Well, I placed the order for my next car at """""" on Saturday.

Vrs Estate

Metallic green

Black wheels

Sat Nav

Climate Control

Cruise Control

Rear Electric Windows

Under seat boxes

Armrest

Multi function steering

Rear parking sensors

Heated Seats

Telephone Prep

Spare Wheel.

Have been quoted 12 week wait. Seems a long way away, but much less of a wait than for the hatch.

Has anyone seen a photo of the estate in green?

Dolgoch.

Edited by dolgoch

Nice one :thumbup: i think the vRS estate will look good in green with black wheels look forward to seeing the pics :yes:

rob

Edited by chloe bear

Vrs Estate

Metallic green

Black wheels

Sat Nav

Climate Control

Cruise Control

Rear Electric Windows

Under seat boxes

Armrest

Multi function steering

Rear parking sensors

Heated Seats

Telephone Prep

Spare Wheel.

Have been quoted 12 week wait. Seems a long way away, but much less of a wait than for the hatch.

Dolgoch.

Nice spec, personally think its a bit overkill but will be very nice with all those toys!

Just out of curiousity, see you've ordered the phone prep but no mention of the telephone MFSW (Multi function steering wheel). Make sure you order that as otherwise you'll have to control the phone prep using the wiper column stalk, very irritating by all accounts and to retro-fit the wheel will cost a pretty penny.

Vrs Estate

Metallic green

Black wheels

Sat Nav

Climate Control

Cruise Control

Rear Electric Windows

Under seat boxes

Armrest

Multi function steering

Rear parking sensors

Heated Seats

Telephone Prep

Spare Wheel.

Dolgoch.

Not sure why it's overkill. Getting the car you want with the toys you want - why not if you can afford it? (People will say you'll never get the money back, but I'll never get the money back on my ridiculous DVD collection either and no-one tells me that's overkill apart from my conscience and my wife lol).

I'm speccing a similar car but without the boxes (what's the point I always forget to use them), the armrest (very annoying having to lift it up to use the handbrake - hated it on the test drive, plus this is a hot hatch not a laid-back cruiser), and definitely no telephone (my car is a sanctuary from constantly ring ring ringing phones). That's all just my opinion and what I would / wouldn't spec.

As for a picture of the estate vRS in green, there's plenty here:

http://www.auto.cz/test-skoda-fabia-rs-combi-poradne-nadupany-kombik-52437

Not sure why it's overkill. Getting the car you want with the toys you want - why not if you can afford it? (People will say you'll never get the money back, but I'll never get the money back on my ridiculous DVD collection either and no-one tells me that's overkill apart from my conscience and my wife lol).

I'm speccing a similar car but without the boxes (what's the point I always forget to use them), the armrest (very annoying having to lift it up to use the handbrake - hated it on the test drive, plus this is a hot hatch not a laid-back cruiser), and definitely no telephone (my car is a sanctuary from constantly ring ring ringing phones). That's all just my opinion and what I would / wouldn't spec.

As for a picture of the estate vRS in green, there's plenty here:

http://www.auto.cz/test-skoda-fabia-rs-combi-poradne-nadupany-kombik-52437

Sure you've got to be happy with your car, but personally I want to save as much as possible on my vRS estate, not reinflate its price by adding options I really dont need.

At 14.5K I think my vRS is fantastic value, at £17-18K with options I dont think it is so much. I would never have bought one at its nearly £18K list price. All adding options to it will do is increase the monthly cost of the vehicle which I'll never see again. I could afford to spec one of these to the hilt if I really wanted to but I dont, i'd rather have the money in my pocket....in any case i'd probably have gone and bought a nearly new A4 Avant if that were the case.

Sat nav - I have a TomTom, probably a better nav device than the Amundsen anyway.

Climate Control - may not be as pretty but the Climatic pretty much does the same job at no extra cost.

Cruise - Dont even have to change gear in a vRS so I'm sure i can concentrate on modulating my speed.

Underseat boxes - bit pointless, having stuff rattling around under my seats would do my head in.

Armrest - old MK4 Golf style annoyance, just gets in the way.

Heated seats - with cloth trim not necessary at all.

Bluetooth - useful but you've also really got to have the Amundsen and Phone MFSW to make the most of it which all adds to the cost.

Sorry but that's my take, I've only optioned things i'm going to use and see real benefit from, chose white so I didnt have to pay what I think is a silly sum for a supermini on metallic paint, got dark chromes as I cant stand the standard wheels, wife wanted parking sensors as its our 1st estate car and I wanted rear elec wins as I cant stand windy windows. Left it at that.

Edited by pipsyp

i orderd a monte 1600td105ps

you have to draw the line some were when buying factory extras otherwise the price of the car will be to high ,and for value for money skoda is the best

i orderd a monte 1600td105ps

you have to draw the line some were when buying factory extras otherwise the price of the car will be to high ,and for value for money skoda is the best

The other thing to bear in mind re extras, at least for those of us lucky enough to have company cars, is that as well as adding to the lease costs, some of which we may have to bear. It also adds to the P11D value, therefore more tax. Double whammy. Having had several company cars in the past it makes more sense for me to have only essential extras that can't be purchased aftermarket. Hence I've ordered cruise only. The garmin satnav & parrot bluetooth I already own and can take from car to car. So no fancy paint, coloured wheels, etc.

Thanks for all your comments.

This will be my first new car for years, as I normally look for an ex demo or up to 1 year old to reduce depreciaton. The vrs will be with me a few years so I wanted it to be to my spec, may well sell on to my son eventually.

I was quoted 12 week wait, has anyone placed an order in the last few weeks that can confirm or deny that they were also quoted 12 weeks for estate.

The wait will no doubt be worth it, hope that it gets the post wk22 black pack upgrade, dealer could not confirm if this will be fitted.

Sure you've got to be happy with your car, but personally I want to save as much as possible on my vRS estate, not reinflate its price by adding options I really dont need.

At 14.5K I think my vRS is fantastic value, at £17-18K with options I dont think it is so much. I would never have bought one at its nearly £18K list price. All adding options to it will do is increase the monthly cost of the vehicle which I'll never see again. I could afford to spec one of these to the hilt if I really wanted to but I dont, i'd rather have the money in my pocket....in any case i'd probably have gone and bought a nearly new A4 Avant if that were the case.

Sat nav - I have a TomTom, probably a better nav device than the Amundsen anyway.

Climate Control - may not be as pretty but the Climatic pretty much does the same job at no extra cost.

Cruise - Dont even have to change gear in a vRS so I'm sure i can concentrate on modulating my speed.

Underseat boxes - bit pointless, having stuff rattling around under my seats would do my head in.

Armrest - old MK4 Golf style annoyance, just gets in the way.

Heated seats - with cloth trim not necessary at all.

Bluetooth - useful but you've also really got to have the Amundsen and Phone MFSW to make the most of it which all adds to the cost.

Sorry but that's my take, I've only optioned things i'm going to use and see real benefit from, chose white so I didnt have to pay what I think is a silly sum for a supermini on metallic paint, got dark chromes as I cant stand the standard wheels, wife wanted parking sensors as its our 1st estate car and I wanted rear elec wins as I cant stand windy windows. Left it at that.

Built-in Sat Nav and Climate will def make a more attractive proposition when selling / trading up. I'm thinking about a white Estate and Rear-elec windows, S/R, Climate and SatNav are def on the upgrade list, given you'll be getting them sans VAT as well, then the few extra ££ per month are nothing in the long run. You'll get 60-70% of the options outlay back on the re-sale in 2 years time (when I plan on changing again)

:)

• 2 months later...

Not so happy tonight. Spoke to salesman this afternoon, he insisted that it could be at least another couple of months before I receive my car. No build date given,top it off he was on the verge of being rude in dealing with my enquiry. I know that they probably get loads of calls from customers wanting updates on their orders. But a call two weeks prior to the promised delivery date is surely not unreasonable.

its another case of letting us take the bait then keep us hanging on for months and months thinking the car sells itself, well mr slowda we do have choices and alternatives (like spending the cash on dirty women) and we call the shots. what happened to the customer is always right?

Slowda have to be the most misleading of any company ive ever dealt with

@sixdegrees, sorry but thats utter crap. Its all very well if you want the sat nav etc, your perogative but if you think you'll make anything back on options you're clearly mistaken. Thats not how the car trade works

You may get a little more if you sell private but a dealer won't give you anymore if you have all the toys. My dealer even told me this when it came to speccing mine and to only put on what I actually wanted.