Part Ex Values

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone had traded in there old car to get a Fabia Vrs?

I have a 1999 Golf 1.8T to possibly trade in with Skoda with 128k on the clock the car is in good condition, mechanically sound but has some bodywork scares with that kind of mileage, I was wondering if Skoda do a reasonably good trade-in offsetting against a 15k new car? Parkers guide say a trade in with this car is worth around £1,200-£1,400

I will be asking them at the weekend just wondering if anyone could get me an idea

Cheers

Edited by stugolf

well, I'm trading in my 53 plate 1.4 auto comfort fabia with approx 35k on the clock and have agreed 1800.00 my car is in good condition, but by no means showroom with scratches everywhere and a sightly damaged wheel cover. 1800 is about 600 less than parkers said mine is worth, but of course that is showroom condition.....

I was a little disappointed as my milege is so low but still, I really wanted that VRS.

i was offered £1200 for a base spec Fabia 1.4 8v Comfort model 2001yr with 72,000 and 9 skoda dealer service stamps.. one small scuff on rear plastic bumper.

i was well impressed with the offer... especially on top of the no VAT deal plus an additonal £200 cash off the price.

i was offered £1200 for a base spec Fabia 1.4 8v Comfort model 2001yr with 72,000 and 9 skoda dealer service stamps.. one small scuff on rear plastic bumper.

i was well impressed with the offer... especially on top of the no VAT deal plus an additonal £200 cash off the price.

Is that the kind of value you would get selling privately?

I was wondering if Skoda do a reasonably good trade-in offsetting against a 15k new car? Parkers guide say a trade in with this car is worth around £1,200-£1,400

:rofl: From my experience, you can expect to be offered about £1,000 under the quoted trade-in (Glasses, What Car etc). I was offered £1,750 by two dealers when Glasses quoted £2,750. I was a bit miffed at their sub-scrappage offer. They will need to do some serious brown-nosing before they get my custom.

i would sell the car privately for £1475 probs do the deal for £1350.... so i was well chuffed with £1200 trade-in

but yes it does depend on how much they want your business... depending on service history i reckon £800-£900 would be on the cards if it's 1/2 owners and well documented.

sell it privately... i reckon £1600-£2000 depending on condition, i think mk4 Golfs sell for wayyy too much privately considering what the cars has to offer performance/reliability/economy wise

Edited by Sonner

I doubt very much you'll get particularly strong trade money for it as a dealer will simply want to either auction it or scrap it, no disrespect as I expect its a perfectly decent car but to a Skoda main dealer such a car will be a liability and in their view would be doing you a favour by taking it off your hands. Certainly not something they'd sell on themselves.

Personally I would look to sell it privately and market it towards a young driver wanting a cheap quick hatchback or a VW enthusiast you'll probably then get nearer book money for it.

I'd say there's no way you'll make £2k selling privately. I sold a mint 2001 1.8t that had just done 100k with full vw and indie history for £2k 2 years ago. I'd paid £2,900 for it a year earlier from a dealer who normally deals in ferraris so wanted rid quick as he had taken it in PX from a friend. At the time I bought it it only had 70k on the clock and was immaculate.

As a PX I'd say you'll struggle to crack £1k. At the end of the day the dealer is only going to send it straight to auction.

Was offered £5600 for my vRS, managed to sell it privately for more so not too fussed. I was quite happy to part ex or sell it. My dealer seems spot on.

On another note, MR ALLAMS - you didn't PM me back! :(

Could have bought a car from you but no reponse for 2 months :(

Sold mine, its going this saturday! New car not due for 4-6 weeks at a guess. Nevermind, i'll do without a car for that long and use a bike to get to work and the work van every now and then!

Sainsbury's deliver, I can walk, just no long trips or days out for a bit :D

With unpredictable delivery on new Fabias, be prepared for a possible wait without a car.

Like me. Got an offer I couldn't refuse on my old car about 3 weeks ago and Fabia is only being built this week. Meant I had to hire a car for our holiday in Scotland lol

Was offered £5600 for my vRS, managed to sell it privately for more so not too fussed. I was quite happy to part ex or sell it. My dealer seems spot on.

On another note, MR ALLAMS - you didn't PM me back! :(

Could have bought a car from you but no reponse for 2 months :(

Did you? I can't find it. I do get a lot of PMs and sometimes it is hard to keep track of them, hence why I put my email address in my signature as it is a lot easier to keep on top of things with Outlook.

Sorry about that but I'm glad you got something sorted for a price that you're happy with!

Did you? I can't find it. I do get a lot of PMs and sometimes it is hard to keep track of them, hence why I put my email address in my signature as it is a lot easier to keep on top of things with Outlook.

Sorry about that but I'm glad you got something sorted for a price that you're happy with!

No problem, would have liked to have bought one from yourselves - and see what deal you could have done! :)

I know the PM system isn't the best at times and I should have called you!