Just picked up a bargain

Saw these wheels on gumtree for £170 down from £225, and I put an offer in for £130, these are 225/45/18 and have come off a mk5 golf. One of the wheels is badly damaged and not roadworthy but im going to see about getting it repaired. If not then its a case of just finding out what type of alloy this is and buying another. Im pretty pleased with the purchase, what you guys reckon?

this was for a set of 4 btw! with all nearly new tyres.

206290_10150555550015584_569460583_18250857_1612482_n.jpg

and the damaged one

222150_10150555549605584_569460583_18250852_6928985_n.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmm, could be a bargain ... if you can find another one for a decent price

not too keen on the tyres though!

well if not and i decided to sell the tyres off for £40 each and weigh the rest in, im sure i could recover my funds! lol

whats wrong with the tyres? you wont see them as they will be under the arches most of the time and if they hold me to the road and theres plenty of tread its all smiles. cheers for the feedback :)

Officially you should have 225/40/18s really.

Can't tell what make they are from the pics either.

Edit: looks like a good score, though will reserve judgement til I've seen em on the car. :)

Edited by BigC

Officially you should have 225/40/18s really.

Can't tell what make they are from the pics either.

Edit: looks like a good score, though will reserve judgement til I've seen em on the car. :)

well they wont be on until the end of june really, thats when im back off holiday and im having them refurbed if the damaged one is repairable, if not ill probs just buy a single one now i know the name.

If you zoom in on one pic, they say 225/40/18 ?

Some on ebay like that here

Keen eye you have, and thanks for finding the brand, I dunno why I thought it was a 45mm depth? :S

Keen eye you have, and thanks for finding the brand, I dunno why I thought it was a 45mm depth? :S

Oh ok, that's handy. (The 40 is a percentage btw, i.e. 40% of 225mm = sidewall height)

Incredibly daft when you think about it, the tyre spec consists of a mm, percentage and inch measurements! What kind of moron came up with that?!

Oh ok, that's handy. (The 40 is a percentage btw, i.e. 40% of 225mm = sidewall height)

Incredibly daft when you think about it, the tyre spec consists of a mm, percentage and inch measurements! What kind of moron came up with that?!

learn something everyday - i never knew this!!!! but yeh it doesnt make sense. I work for a courier company and they have a similar way of working out volumetric weights...tis daft indeed.

I *quite* like them. Will have to see them on the car I think.

What make are the tyres? And are you sure they're genuine VW? Just that I've never seen that wheel style on a Golf before.

if you have a look on the back of the wheel there will be a vw part number if they're genuine _ _ _ 601 _ _ _ _ if you get me that i'll tell you what make they are

I *quite* like them. Will have to see them on the car I think.

What make are the tyres? And are you sure they're genuine VW? Just that I've never seen that wheel style on a Golf before.

Not sure if there genuine VW or not to be honest. Ill have a look after work. Just dropped the damaged one off for repair this morning £60 to have it mended - not bad IMO.

if you have a look on the back of the wheel there will be a vw part number if they're genuine _ _ _ 601 _ _ _ _ if you get me that i'll tell you what make they are

As said above, not sure how genuine they are but ill check when I get home, if so ill drop you it on here :) thanks.

Cant wait to get these fitted now, although there all having a refurb after I get back from Malia :D:thumbup: colour coded goodness

The tyre is an Event WL905

The Event WL905 is a quality economy tyre which offers excellent value for money. Event's WL905 has an asymmetric tread pattern which offers good levels of traction with a comfortable ride. This is the perfect choice tyre for the motorist on a budget.

not exactly the performance option then..... :rofl:

The tyre is an Event WL905

not exactly the performance option then..... :rofl:

LOL set of 4 with free nice shiny rims for £130 - nuff said haha

Found this too : Clicky

Edited by VRSDanny

That's reminded me!

Dropped you a PM emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Cheers,

Steve

look like a good option for the VRS I hope you can get them sorted and that was a GREAT price well done Danny! :thumbup:

look like a good option for the VRS I hope you can get them sorted and that was a GREAT price well done Danny! :thumbup:

cheers mate, picking the one up from repair tomorrow... :D

after my hols they are getting the graphitey/grey bit colour coded race blue, anyone good with photoshop - be nice once there fitted tomorrow if someone could do me a piccy?

Nooooo, colour-coded alloys look naff.

Momo-Ferrari.gif

Edit: naff eh? There's a word I've not used in a loooong time!

lol that wheel above looks very naff - however i think this looks pretty good.

n550995362_1479251_7158.jpg

Danny, please don't do it.... :( Not in blue anyway, sorry....

Of course it's your car etc. :yes:

lol whyyyyy???? no one even knows what its gonna look like??? and blue has to look better than grey??? anyway pics tonight - and get a photoshop then ill make my own decision lol.

lol whyyyyy???? no one even knows what its gonna look like??? and blue has to look better than grey??? anyway pics tonight - and get a photoshop then ill make my own decision lol.

For the same reason the headlights didn't work (imho) :giggle:

Bargain buy that mate, tbh not keen on the wheel design but if we all liked the same thing the world would be a pretty boring place. Having said that, they will probably look good when fitted, keen to see the pic's chop, chop! :thumbup:

For the same reason the headlights didn't work (imho) :giggle:

Bargain buy that mate, tbh not keen on the wheel design but if we all liked the same thing the world would be a pretty boring place. Having said that, they will probably look good when fitted, keen to see the pic's chop, chop! :thumbup:

lol yeh the headlamp cover didnt last long tbh :( stuck with it for a week but was a bit unsure myself so bit the bullet and accepted id wasted £30. :(

Im picking the wheel up after work so about 5pm and shud have then fitted once i get home so about 5.05pm? LOL