Fabia VRS........Now an R26.R Megane.

Friggerpants

Sounds good to me mate! Let the cars do the talking! Let us know when you fancy it!

Anytime after mid September would be fine.

There is a RWYB at Santa Pod on the 17th September if you are free that day?

Maybe we could get a few other tuned diesel Fabias there and have a play/compare.

Anytime after mid September would be fine.

There is a RWYB at Santa Pod on the 17th September if you are free that day?

Maybe we could get a few other tuned diesel Fabias there and have a play/compare.

Sounds good to me :-)

It's in the calendar!

It was on track on Sunday @ Silverstone, performed flawlessly. Even though it was soaking wet, there was no understeer, or suprise oversteer!

I will be doing a full review of the kit after the rolling road day at Shark :-). But it's safe to say it's not finnished yet.

Did see it parked up on Sunday. But didn't see you around it, to say hello :)

Glad you're impressed with the on-track performance. Wasn't the best weather for a track session was it?!

Bit tighter in the Ibiza than the fabia. Bit meaning a lot! It just about fits in mine though!

How's it going with your kit anyway?

I noticed you took the studs out of the block to fit ye old turbo, sure Ryan/Scott just undid my dog bone and yanked the engine forward?

Turns out there is a lot less room behind the engine on the Ibiza.

Been having issues with surge, but apparantly I'd not tightened the manifold to turbo bolts enough and was leaking from there.

Ryans been messing with it this afternoon, and just awaiting an email from him to let me know whats going on. Certainly not been plain sailing!

Still enjoying yours then? You off down to the Derby Dubs meet this month? Probably have a ride down if I've got the car back by then.

Turns out there is a lot less room behind the engine on the Ibiza.

Been having issues with surge, but apparantly I'd not tightened the manifold to turbo bolts enough and was leaking from there.

Ryans been messing with it this afternoon, and just awaiting an email from him to let me know whats going on. Certainly not been plain sailing!

Still enjoying yours then? You off down to the Derby Dubs meet this month? Probably have a ride down if I've got the car back by then.

They're good lads, it'll be sorted in no time! I noticed you put on Manifold first, then the turbo? I know if that's the case, the turbo is VERY hard to tighten up. I'm shocked at the Ibizia engine bay reveleation lol!

Yup, loving it! Just need injectors now, bored of the power...........Just picked up some R32 mkiv calipers tonight as well :-).

Yes mate, I'll be there, fingers crossed cars all up and running, I want a poke round it :-)

How much you wanting for the rear calipers? Could be tempted, as Ive yet to upgrade to 256's!

If the ibiza isn't done, I'm hoping I'll have my new daily by then, so I'll probably have a ride down in that. Decided I'm gonna have a fabia VRS. Makes sense seen as I've got a garage full of PD130 and ibi/fab/polo platform spares! One of my dads mates has got a couple due in next couple of weeks, both on <40k miles at decent money. Just dont want to start tinkering and end up in the same boat again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

I had a Darkside Developments sticker of the rear window, but I got pulled over, and told to remove it, as it was blocking my view.

It didn't help matters, when I asked the bobby "What about vans?"

I'll get another one put back on, when I go back to the Crew for injectors and LSD.

I had a Darkside Developments sticker of the rear window, but I got pulled over, and told to remove it, as it was blocking my view.

That's interesting. Removal was requested on what grounds?

As you stated, vans or other vehicles with solid rear doors is a valid point.

• 2 weeks later...

That's interesting. Removal was requested on what grounds?

As you stated, vans or other vehicles with solid rear doors is a valid point.

Honestley mate, driving along @ 60 on A38 south bound, tootling along, and got blues and twos behind me.

I pull up, thinking "Ah it must be a bulb", but no, apparently I can't have a big sticker on rear window!

I asked about vans, and he simply said "But it's not a van, is it?"

I just conformed, as I didn't wanna kick up a fuss, just wanted to get to work..........

Pulled off 3 or 4 letters and he said "Right, you can do the rest at home". Which I did as it looked stupid missing characters!

Anyone who knows me, know I drive like a snail, and very sensibley, so it wasn't as even if I was driving like a tit!

But I guess if pulling me over is more important than fighting crime, I guess that's the case. I lost a lot of respect for coppers though.