rear squeak!

Hi all,

Does anyone know the reason and cure for the :swear: annoying squeak i get from the rear drivers side?

Every time i get in or out all i hear is SQUEEEK!! and its doing my head in??? :punch:

Thanks spud.

Definetly the rear??? I thought I had that, turned out to be the front anti roll bar bushes..

If it's the rear, could be the handbrake's not on properly, and the disc could be "squeeking" through the pads???

yep deffo the rear it sounds like it might be the spring squeaking/creaking??

Mine does this and is definitely the handbrake. Park on a slope and then rock the rear up and down and listen for the noise.. Even though the handbrake hold the car stationary, there appears to be a little squeaky slipping going on. Confirm it by releasing the handbrake slightly until the car just starts to move and you get the same noise from the rear discs and pads.

Mike

Mine does this and is definitely the handbrake. Park on a slope and then rock the rear up and down and listen for the noise.. Even though the handbrake hold the car stationary, there appears to be a little squeaky slipping going on. Confirm it by releasing the handbrake slightly until the car just starts to move and you get the same noise from the rear discs and pads.

Mike

Mine does this is you just apply the handbrake enough to hold the vehicle and then rock the car / stand on the towbar, etc.