Hmmm.... camber adjustment..... would be handy!

Camber adjustment would be great!

Just found out that we've got -3deg camber on 1 side and +2deg on the other!! :p

if you've got offset figures like that then your front subrame is out of alignment, you need to slacken the bolts and move it till it's centralised, there is a proper skoda jig for doing it but they are rare as rocking horse **** now

Are there points where you could measure the distances between, say, the edges of the subframe and the chassis rails, and come up with numbers like, say, 2mm left side and 22mm right? If so, would sliding the frame until both distances were equal correct the camber?

if you've got offset figures like that then your front subrame is out of alignment, you need to slacken the bolts and move it till it's centralised, there is a proper skoda jig for doing it but they are rare as rocking horse **** now

Hmmm.... Didn't know u could do that. Thanks.

Might just try moving it bit by bit and see if we can get it better.

So how's the workshop looking?? u in there now and doing jobs for Peeps Yet

and have u had a chance to look at putting the 20vt in ur pickup up or is that a few months away??

yes we're well and truely stuck in now, we've got a mazda 323 we are using for trials events which i'm going to start prepping for track days soon, also got a subaru imprezza which i'm doing track prep on too, i'm probably going to find another pickup to work on for the 20v transplant or even a little hatchback, once that one is done im going to start building them and selling them

they vary, in standard form they range from 150bhp to 225bhp, basically they have a selection of different turbos and manifolds etc + mapping to make the different power outputs, some of them also have variable valve timing too, also there are various internal components that get swapped about like pick and mix.. the best 20v turbo engine to have ironically is the lowest power 150bhp version with AGU engine code, they have bigger ports and i'm led to believe the bottom end of the engine is stronger than the later higher power units

Looks like a handy unit!

A 16v Felicia sounds great - they always should've made a hot version. What is the most powerful N/A VW group engine that would fit in without huge trouble?

Edited by StevenP

What is the most powerful N/A VW group engine that would fit in without huge trouble?

none of them to be fair, as has already been proven the 1.4 16v engine goes in without too many hassles

Tom what box are you going for with the 20v?

going to use a golf 02J unit, the skoda boxes aren't up to the job, but to be honest mine handles 130bhp without even breaking a sweat :giggle:

Tom very intrested here in the sound of these adjustable top mounts as the ones we have currently on our rally car are from a Clio I believe (not 100% certain but look that way) however yes in motorsport we need fully adjustable to allow for fast open places such as otterburn or tight twisty such as Ingilston or Bleuth wells show ground if it is for tar and then completely different again in the woods! just to get the camber correct to give best control hence why I am intrested there as the Clio mounts dont have enough adjustment on them one I get the Billies back on the front!

• 2 months later...

is that a Rouse Cossie?

You lucky B!!

Nice set up ye have there, best of luck with it :)

Have ye a facebook page?

Back on the site again after an absence as i now have my rally car taxed, insured and MOT'd and will be using it as my daily car for the winter months :D

• 4 months later...