Mk2 Wheel advice...

Hi All,

I need some advice....

I've got a Silver Mk2 Fabia in 2 trim 1.2, I'm thinking of a set of new wheels and tyres for it...

I have the sport springs from the sport model to go on the car (it is currently on the standard springs), and its currently running on 15" wheels.

Im looking at two sets and i cant make up my mind which to go for, and also, i need some advice on if they'll fit the car or if ill have to do any additional mods to get them to fit fine?

Wheels One

Wheels Two

Big thanks in advance

Zakk

Do you think that 18" wheels are gonna fit your car, would assume you may need wheel spacers at least.

Someone will be along shortly to clue you up further.

Do you think that 18" wheels are gonna fit your car, would assume you may need wheel spacers at least.

Someone will be along shortly to clue you up further.

I don't know, this is why i'm asking for the advice...

18" wheels on a 1.2 fabia?? Really? I say you get a well fitted set of 16" bad boys on there! :)

EDIT: Maybe even 17" VRS wheels??

Edited by frobb

I would go with either 16" or 17" although 18" do fit and can look really good (see this link 18" Alloys)

What ever size you do go for make sure the tyre is the right size so your rolling radius is the same.

Oh and btw the wheels in your first link would not fit as the stud pattern (assuming your fabia is the same as my vRS) is 5x100 and those rims are 5x112

yeah either of those ebay links is for replicas of genuine VAG wheels.

There are plenty of reports of replica wheels being made of very soft poor quality metal and damaging easily, that said thoguh i'm sure there hundreds of people who've got reps and never had an issue.

As said above though the A5-esque ones are the wrong bolt pattern so won't fit on your car, and the Scirocco ones are being offering in either bolt pattern which sets my alarm bells rigning!

Personally i'd stick with something OEM and that actually fits :)

With a bolt pattern of 5 x 100 anything that'll bolt to a mk1 Fabia will fit your mk 2; so might be worth having a look at the mk1 alloy archive thread for inspiration.

Something from a mk1 A3, mk4 Golf, mk1 Leon, mk4 Ibiza, mk1 Octavia, new Beetle with the right sized tyres would bolt straight on :thumbup:

As above really need to watch were you buy your alloys from, they are only thing holding the nuts and tires in place so really wouldn't, I be going for OEM or from a reputable maker rather buying cos they are cheap, buy cheap buy twice!!

Edited by seboni121

Designs are a subjective matter but based on your car and engine don't got for 18" or 17" The car with the extra weight on each side will loose in performance dramatically. 16" is more than enough unless you favor looks over performance.

Oh yeah.....remember to get the right bolts for the alloys eg. length and the correct shoulder (radius or taper)....I got a new set (automatically) with my "summer" TD prorace alloys that I got from DT! B)

they will need 5x100 pcd, but any wheels off mark 4 golf, fabia mark 1, bora, beetle, octavia mark 1, leon mark 1, roomster, toledo mark 1, A3 mark 1, ibiza and polo will fit.

18inch lambo wheels look nice

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/137515-is-this-going-to-far-comment/page__p__1721902__hl__alloy+wheels__fromsearch__1#entry1721902

Edited by fabia55