Poor radio signal

Hello everyone

I have a question to throw out there any help will do and is gratefully recieved

i picked BIG BLUE up on tuesday and been for a little drive and been here and there in her.

And not once did or do i have a good radio signal for more then a mile at a time then i would have to re-scan for a radio station its the orignal skoda sat nav radio so i am stumped i have never had this problem with any other car .

i dont want to take big blue back to the garage i brought her from cause if beinng honest i dont rate the skoda garage one bit and thought they were poor .

any one with ideas cheers

rob

I suspect that the radio in your previous car was retuning itself to always pick up the stronger signal.

The radio in your new car should be able to do the same.

I believe that this might be controled in the RDS functions.

Regards,

David

Hi Rob

Firstly a very warm welcome to Briskoda!

It's a common thing on all VAG cars for the amplifier in the base of the roof aerial to fail due to water damage. Loads of people on this forum, including myself, have had to replace the aerial.

It doesn't break the bank, a complete aerial is under £30. There is a connector behind the headlining at the back, near the hatchback hinges, it only needs disconnecting from here and them the unit unbolting, so you don't need to disturb any wiring in the rest of the headlining or at the back of the head unit. I sealed my new one to the roof with silicon before tightening it up, but be careful that you don't over tighten as the threads are very delicate.

Mike

Have a look at this thread:

http://briskoda.net/...1

cheers and thank you for welcome

thank you for help make sense ill have a look tomorrow and get one ordered in off skoda

cheers rob

• 4 weeks later...

Rob,

I have sent you a PM as your car used to be my car :)

Carl :thumbup:

Hi, I'm having the same problem on my Octavia. Terrible radio reception. Can someone explain again what the problem might be?