Steering Drift - Roomster TSI

Has anybody had problem with steering - car drifts slightly to the left even when there is no apparent camber on the road

Most noticeable on motorway. Dealer keeps insisting it is caused by road camber - dont think so

This is a new car! Have tried changing wheels front to back - no luck.

AFTER 4 WHEEL ALIGNMENT CHECK DISCOVERED THAT THE PROBLEM WAS INCORRECT CASTER ANGLES TO FRONT WHEELS - CASTER NOT ADJUSTABLE APPARENTLY ACR BACK TO DEALER NEXT TUESDAY TO CARRY OUT ADJUSTMENTS ELSEWHERE ????

Edited by 123BRIAN

Has anybody had problem with steering - car drifts slightly to the left even when there is no apparent camber on the road

Most noticable on motorway. Dealer keeps insisting it is caused by road camber - dont think so

This is a new car! Have tried changing wheels front to back - no luck.

no probs with mine yet but only had it 2 weeks but i will keep a eye on mine

Mine is pulling to the left too and it is very dangerous cause my car is a left hand drive.

My previous Octavia 1U was pulling to the right.

I think this is a common issue through Volkswagen Group.

Thats just b....s.

Any car should be able to maintain a straight line on a flat surface.

If not, you will need either new tires or hopefully a 4 wheel adjustment of the car.

Both our roomie 2007 and our fabia 2011 are steady as rock on any road and doesn't tend too drift sideways.

• 1 month later...

Hi 123BRIAN ,

Did you get any further with sorting out your steering problem ? I have a similar / same issue with my brand new Fabia , see my link

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/206395-fabia-monte-carlo-steering-wandering/

There is some advice in it from Scott , it may be a stg Column set up issue ? I have sent him a PM for more info but no reply as yet .

Are you just putting up with yours or is it sorted ?

Thanks Mark.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi 123BRIAN ,

Did you get any further with sorting out your steering problem ? I have a similar / same issue with my brand new Fabia , see my link

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/206395-fabia-monte-carlo-steering-wandering/

There is some advice in it from Scott , it may be a stg Column set up issue ? I have sent him a PM for more info but no reply as yet .

Are you just putting up with yours or is it sorted ?

Thanks Mark.

Hi Mark

The dealer made adjustments which resulted in an improvement. There is still a minor drift to the left but this at the moment is acceptable.

This is what was done - front suspention bed bolts replaced and before torqeing them back up the bed was moved as far forward as the bushes and bolts would allow - this changed the angle of the front hub and shocks to bring it back to speck. These are the dealers words not mine!

A lot of trouble presumably caused by a fault in manufacture!