Monte Carlo Grill Mod - Fitted

tom_kvrs

Well guys fitted mine today, the top one took 5 mins tops the bottom one in the end was a bitch. i had to snap the lugs in the end and pull it forward this end in the standard silver one ending up in small pieces. but hey least its done.

let me know what u think

tom

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

Edited by tom_kvrs
  • Like 1

Thanks Tom for the info.

I ended up with a load of bits as well - see first photo.

Looks OK second photo.

John

PS Added a wider view - 3rd photo

post-3157-0-71456300-1307185356_thumb.jpg

post-3157-0-62775500-1307185384_thumb.jpg

post-3157-0-27232900-1307186381_thumb.jpg

hmm the jurys still out for me

i like the full black pack, especially on a red car, and i like the silver look but this is inbetween so im not sure

regardless though its what you think that matters and thanks for sharing, it will help others decide ;)

Very nice it looks very good :thumbup: :p

I was thinking about doing this and it looks very good but there will be alot of vRS with this grill so i am going to colour code my grill red ;)

Very nice it looks very good :thumbup: :p

I was thinking about doing this and it looks very good but there will be alot of vRS with this grill so i am going to colour code my grill red ;)

nice guys well wots the cost of the both grills i will buy a front sporler i think its the same as the monte car

so i mite have the chrome all done in black pete

Think the front lip spoiler is a separate part on the monte but as you can see on the vRS its very much part of the bumper. The grill will set you back £70 approx. Personally I think it looks great without the black headlights.

Hmm, I didn't think the black grill would be so shiny.

It matches the black roof option, but oddly not the A pillars which are just a gloss black.

This was what put me off opting for the black roof, a gloss black vinyl wrap would match the A pillars better and hopefully be a lot cheaper. Also then gives you or future owners the option to revert to full body colour by getting the vinyl removed.

Hmm, I didn't think the black grill would be so shiny.

Hmm, not sure what to do now.

I belive it is the same colour as black paintwork on skodas, black magic is it called?

5J0853607B for the smaller strip that goes around the sides and bottom of the grill.

5J0853633B for the top bonnet panel which includes the badge.

I also got some spare clips for the top panel as I didn't know exactly what was underneath of if they were on the new part.

5J0853139A for the clips. To be honest you'd be ok without spares as they come on the new part but at least I have spares. They come in a pack of 3.

5J0853607B for the smaller strip that goes around the sides and bottom of the grill.

I also got some spare clips for the top panel as I didn't know exactly what was underneath of if they were on the new part.

5J0853139A for the clips. To be honest you'd be ok without spares as they come on the new part but at least I have spares. They come in a pack of 3.

Thank U very much!

You stole my post lol. The joys of copy and paste :-)