Just got my Vrs Diesel estate but may have to sell any idea what its worth

Bit of a nightmare for me, I recieved my shiny new anthracite, Vrs cr 170 diesel estate just over a couple of weeks ago, quite impressed with it, however work have just clamed down on travel and it looks like my regular Leeds - Bristol trips may now need to be by car. This would have been fine with my old company cr but now I've pulled out of the scheme I really don't want to rack the miles onto the Vrs.

Hence I'm considering a few different options but one is to sell it, it has aprox 1,000 miles (doing too many already) is fairly standard with the only extras being the paint, rear parking sensors and a full size spare.

Thing is I have no idea what I'd get for it, list for car and extras is just under £23k, however I notice that there is now a 5% vat offer, so any thoughts on what it would be worth would be appreciated.

Don't understand why you would sell it? You have a diesel so its the perfect car...I also presume they will pay mileage?

You don't say how much you paid for it but I would imagine £19-20k for someone who wants one but doesn't want to wait for a new one.

Thanks for the reply

My company do pay mileage however as I get a car allowance, it just covers the diesel. The main point is milage though, when I worked out my finances I wanted the car to have a decent value in 3 years time so I can change it, however 30k+ miles per year is going to kill the residual. I'd be better off getting back into the company scheme if I did it quickly.

To be honest I didn't think I'd get £19-20k, if I got £18k it would be enough to make it worth my while I think over time, its just an option at the moment, another is to buy a banger for the Bristol trips!

My other concern is that there is talk of redundancies and so I'm also getting nervous at having the lump of capital in the car, its terrible timing but I need to think about the options.

Don't understand why you would sell it? You have a diesel so its the perfect car...I also presume they will pay mileage?

You don't say how much you paid for it but I would imagine £19-20k for someone who wants one but doesn't want to wait for a new one.

With the waiting lists you will probably get your 18K.

Sound like you have a similar scheme to ours - an allowance plus mileage & of course no company car tax penalty. The redundancy threat is a bugger but if you avoid it & your allowance covers the finance why not keep it past the finance & get a finance-free year or two out of it? Will be worth a lot less with the mileage but you could put the post-finance allowance from work aside for a big deposit on the next one.

I do 30-35k a year so my motors are not worth much when I trade them in but as I usually buy low-mileage second-hand & keep the finance to a minimum so my allowance (or some of it) can be put towards the next car. I'd hope my Skoda can match the 5 reliable years & 170K I got out of my last motor. Once the finance is paid off the hard part is putting the allowance, or at least a good chunk of it to one side for the next motor!

Most of the opted-out guys I work with do high miles & don't worry about residuals but more about getting as long as possible out of their cars & enjoying the allowance.

Good luck whatever happens.

If you want to sell it on here, then you must join freedom and post in the cars for sale section. If this thread shows any sign of degenerating into a for sale thread then it will be deleted.

Loxy

You'll need to establish what a dealer would pay you to buy the car back, but be ready for a big hit in the pocket as you lose a fairly large amount of value as soon as you leave the dealership with your new car. Options count for nothing when you sell, it only helps the desirability of the buyer. Looking at the various online guides an 11 plate vRS estate CR170 seems to have a PX value of 17K, so you will be taking a 6K hit in just 2 weeks.

I would keep it for a while to see how things work out, situations change and in a couple of months you may regret it especially having waited for so long.

If you want to sell it on here, then you must join freedom and post in the cars for sale section. If this thread shows any sign of degenerating into a for sale thread then it will be deleted.

Loxy

You'll need to establish what a dealer would pay you to buy the car back, but be ready for a big hit in the pocket as you lose a fairly large amount of value as soon as you leave the dealership with your new car. Options count for nothing when you sell, it only helps the desirability of the buyer. Looking at the various online guides an 11 plate vRS estate CR170 seems to have a PX value of 17K, so you will be taking a 6K hit in just 2 weeks.

I would keep it for a while to see how things work out, situations change and in a couple of months you may regret it especially having waited for so long.

on network q mine is £17.5k and that's without taking into account Dsg and all the other options. Mine has done 15k and is 15months old so you should be looking at more than that. I only paid 18.5k for it! They simply aren't losing money because they are so in demand due to waiting times.

There are no valuations for 11 plates on network q but a 10 plate with 1k on the clock is £18.5k.

Thanks for all the replies, I guess as you can tell I'm being a tad "panicky" and seling is only one option (don' worry about this degenrating into a sales ad, I've blown that now I've stated what I'd take :-) I'd put it on ebay / autotrader if tat is I decide to sell)

I have taken the car on finance with a balloon payment, it was all worked out nicely until the potential of having to stick loads of miles on it or become redundant in which case the co car option seems better, although it would have to be a boring golf estate and I mean 1.6 boring.

Also I was thinking of selling now as is virtally new and hence thought that it would be beter than taking a greater hit later and while the list for the car was £23k I didn't pay that much so wouldn't be taking a massive hit.

Will have a think about it and look at the options.

Cheers

Pete

The biggest hit on price of a new car tends to be the first day you drive it from the garage. After that the depreciation is less although the first year is still pretty brutal. Hence you have probably taken the biggest hit already unfortunately. I bet you will be gutted to see it go.

The biggest hit on price of a new car tends to be the first day you drive it from the garage. After that the depreciation is less although the first year is still pretty brutal. Hence you have probably taken the biggest hit already unfortunately. I bet you will be gutted to see it go.

with a diesel vrs being the exception to this rule as I said before.