1.9TDI Tyres 205/45/16 Which ones - Advice Please

aubrey

My Roomster seems to go through a set of front tyres every 12,000 miles - Is that normal ? The rear originals still have loads of tread, but I guess it is front wheel drive so maybe it is normal.

Checking on the web I need to fit 205 45 R16 87V tyres, I'm about to get my 3rd set on the front. The 2nd set were fitted by Skoda and they put Continental 205 45 R16 83V tyres - So are load rating 87 tyres really necessary ? Everything I read says that a Skoda Roomster takes 87 load rating but I'm asking as Skoda themselves fitted 83 ?

Final question what tyres do you recommend ? I'm seeing good reviews on Falken Ziex ZE-912 which seem a good price or should I fit Michelin PS3 at almost double the cost ?

My Roomster seems to go through a set of front tyres every 12,000 miles - Is that normal ? The rear originals still have loads of tread, but I guess it is front wheel drive so maybe it is normal.

Checking on the web I need to fit 205 45 R16 87V tyres, I'm about to get my 3rd set on the front. The 2nd set were fitted by Skoda and they put Continental 205 45 R16 83V tyres - So are load rating 87 tyres really necessary ? Everything I read says that a Skoda Roomster takes 87 load rating but I'm asking as Skoda themselves fitted 83 ?

Final question what tyres do you recommend ? I'm seeing good reviews on Falken Ziex ZE-912 which seem a good price or should I fit Michelin PS3 at almost double the cost ?

My original Bridgestone fronts did 20,000 miles. I now have Falken Ziex ZE-912 following the recommendations on this forum. But they have only done 5,000 miles so I can't comment on how they will last. But subjectively, they do feel more comfortable, grippy, and quiet than the Bridgestones.

This is one of those posts that requires a comment back to the OP... It depends on how you drive...

My fronts lasted 20k and the rears are still going strong at 37k... The originals were Bridgestones and the replacement fronts are Continental and have a few thou still left in them... I'd describe my driving as smooth and fairly quick...

Stick with Conti's and change your driving style.

I have managed to make 2 car sets of Conti Sport Contact 2's last 40k each. By far the best tyre ive ever had in both wet and dry conditions.

Check your owners manual regarding tyre spec.