just collected my new car and possible problem

hi all,

i have just taking delivary of my new 2011 vrs in race blue. so much better than my old 2007 version.

just one thing thats bugging me, when i turn off the ignition and take the keys out a message comes on the display saying 'check safelock' before i take it to a dealer to get looked at is there anything i can do or is this just a normal warning message? apart from that the car is fantastic so happy i choose another.

I get the same message on my car.

The message indicates to "Check the safelock" - which I'm assuming refers to the "Safe Locking Procedure".

I've learnt to just ignore this message now.

It's to do with the deadlock system, check your user manual (or the supplement to the user manual) for more info.

Here's a description from the manual; Locking and Safe-locking

The reason the warning pops up is to remind you (because you've read the manual :) ) that once safelocked the car cannot be opened from the inside, so you must not safelock it if there are people inside as, in an emergency, they can't get out.

Edited by Lou_O

I have the same prob and according to the dealer there is no way of getting rid of the warning!!...but its nothing to worry about...at first i thought i wasnt locking it properly!!

K:)

my 11 plate does same thing maxi dot manual diesel pity it doesn't go away after a while but tbh I don't even look any more :D

Enjoy the new car and get with the pics !!!!!

...........or you could safelock her out :giggle:

There's nothing to worry about...my 60 plate vRS TSI manual with maxidot (which also happens to be race blue) does it as well!

My 11 plate also does this, asked the dealer what it was all about.

"they all do that, dont worry about it" read the manual, still non the wiser.

Now I read you can lock people in the car any hints on how not to, ie 1 key press or 2?

Thank,

John.

My 11 plate also does this, asked the dealer what it was all about.

"they all do that, dont worry about it" read the manual, still non the wiser.

Now I read you can lock people in the car any hints on how not to, ie 1 key press or 2?

Thank,

John.

Read here and all is revealed.

Edited by Lou_O

Still no idea why it feels the need to flash up the mesage on the maxi-dot every time you stop the car, but like most of you I've learned to ignore it.

More puzzling is why Skoda have decided to re-name the feature known universally for the last 20 years as 'deadlocking' and call it 'safe-locking' or 'safe-secure'. :wonder:

Still no idea why it feels the need to flash up the mesage on the maxi-dot every time you stop the car, but like most of you I've learned to ignore it.

Presumably it falls under the catch all term of 'Safety' and so they decide to remind the driver. I can well imagine people leaving the car and automatically pressing the lock button with people inside - which is unsafe.

More puzzling is why Skoda have decided to re-name the feature known universally for the last 20 years as 'deadlocking' and call it 'safe-locking' or 'safe-secure'. :wonder:

Perhaps the marketing types didn't like the word DEADlock?

Personally I'd never want deadlocks on my car, if a thief wants the car, he'll have it. The idea of being stuck in a crashed, deadlocked, car is pretty scary.

From the website it's not clear to me if the deadlocks are deactivated if the car has been in a crash, on one page it says:

• In the event of an accident in which the airbags are deployed, the locked doors are automatically unlocked in order to enable rescuers to gain access to the vehicle.

On the Safelock/safe-secure page:

The locked doors make it more difficult for rescuers to get into the vehicle in an emergency - hazard!

Thanks Lou_O.

Funny how it makes sense on screen, but went over my head when reading it.

I had assumed it worked the same way as my wifes astra, 1 click to lock, 2nd to deadlock, so I have been making my car easier to get into from new, confirms that dealers will feed you any line necessary.

John.

I am the same I have been double pressing my remote to lock the car, didn't realise that I was making it easier for thieves by turning off my deadlocking and deactivating my interior sensors ! Single press for me from now on !