Hit Rock Bottom!

after having a really bad day at work.. at job 1, i went to pick up wages from job 2, this involved a bit of the back roads, at 60..

in the middle of the road, just round a bend, was a rock, which i couldnt avoid due to traffic on the otherside, or stop safely before it cos of the bend.. so i aimed for having it go right under the middle of my car.. and BANG!, lovely dent just off the center of my front bumper, of my 6 week old vRS :'(

Pictures up tomorrow, and im going to see the dealer tomorrow, i just want it fixed as soon as..

*** PICTURES (bummper) ***

IMG_20110615_151404copy.jpg

IMG_20110615_151350.jpg

IMG_20110615_151418.jpg

on another note, i noticed yesterday whilst washing the car, i have scratches on the inside of the black alloys (3 out of 4 of them), surely i cant have done that with a power washer, sheeps wool mit and an MF cloth? impossible for me to have done on a curb or something.. (theyre on the sides of the spokes, right at the back).. and ive also noticed a couple of spots on the black roof that refuse to shine, like the paint laquer has come off a bit..

*** PICTURES (alloy) ***

IMG_20110615_151436.jpg

IMG_20110615_151429.jpg

not going well for me this week :wall:

Edited by Black Howling

Is really annoying when these things happen to such a new car. I hit a pothole in ours the other day and it did my head in even though it's not done anything to the car.

BTW the wheel thing....is likely just the quality of the finish. I've noticed on my dark chromes there are some very small areas of underspray on the inner of some of the spokes. Probably not worth worrying about but I dont see why you shouldnt be able to get the wheels swapped under warranty if its really bothering you.

I think the moral of the story here is dont do 60mph so you can slow down in time? =/

Still, nasty that it happened :( With the other issues take it back to the dealer and say 'Oh... wos occurin yer!?' << I am welsh after all!

I think the moral of the story here is dont do 60mph so you can slow down in time? =/

Still, nasty that it happened :( With the other issues take it back to the dealer and say 'Oh... wos occurin yer!?' << I am welsh after all!

No, only people from Barry say this.

Your speed was fine. You've got a car that can 60mph safely on B roads so do It!

Assuming you can see far enough ahead for potential hazards. Such as big rocks in the road.

I do sympathize though. I've had such an experience. My obstacle was a Vauxhall Meriva.

Edited by Didescharlie

the bend wasnt a small/tight one, so i wasnt throwing it into tight corners and such but as it was a left bend, with a wall all the way along, i couldnt see anything more than about 2 meters away.. learnt my lesson tho, slow down when i cant see past where i cant stop ¬_¬.. pictures will be on the top post in a sec, going to the dealer in a mo, will hopefully be back with an update on price of repair and stuff, (and just to make things a little worse, but better at the same time?? im taking a girl out tonight, with my fancy dented car, that she hasnt seen yet :S.. hopefully she wont see then dent ^_^ )

i dont know about every1 else, but im confused about the fact it left a perfectly vertical line.. spose it could have been an odd shape, didnt have time to take details on the bugger o_O.. saw it had been knocked to the side of the road so i left it :think:

Edited by Black Howling

im taking a girl out tonight, with my fancy dented car, that she hasnt seen yet :S.. hopefully she wont see then dent ^_^.

If she does notice, just tell her its new F1 derived splitter technology.

I very narrowly dodged a brick that flew up from a tractor tyre coming home from football training tonight! Was overly close!! I shat myself! haha! :|

dealer says that itll have to be filled in, smoothed out, and repainted, to make it look ok, looking at up to about £80 (this was the opinion of 1 of the salesmen, the paint guy left 15 mins before i got there ¬_¬).. either that or about £500 for a new front end altogether ¬_¬... anybody know any amazing dent masters in lancs? was told about 1 in barnoldswick, i think it was called motordent or something

Edited by Black Howling