vrs selling prices seem low

Evening all, as above really was toying with the idea of selling mine, but just had a look on several sites and they seem to be going quite cheap at the minute! infact i was quite dissapointed knowing what i paid 15 months ago! so might not bother as i would not want to let her go so cheaply! mines a very nice [no expense spared] shark mapped silver nov 2005 55plate and just hit 75k with full skoda service history, what would you expect to see it go for? :wonder:

Mark :thumbup:

Edited by MarkMac

I've been thinking the same recently. I bought mine 12 months ago now and paid around £500 more than I could have got it for privately, but it was very low mileage and all the servicing had been at the same garage and with the same owner, so I went for it for peace of mind. If they were holding their value, I too would have considered selling up, but seeing recent prices, I've decided to keep a hold of it and run it until it runs no more I think :) Afterall, it's fun, versatile, quick, quirky looking, reasonably cheap to run and good mpg. I can't see many other cars offering such good performance for such little outlay really :)

boylers - yes i know what your saying regards its all round package, thats the reason i spent a little more buying from a dealer with fssh also, its a nice nippy economical little car. i just miss the petrol engine!

matt - yes if thats about the current price its terribly low really, i would lose around 2k in 15mths at that, and i thought diesels held there value :thumbdown: ...

cheers for the replies guys

:thumbup:

Prices have fallen quite a bit lately, but I believe them to be more sensible now.

A year or two ago they were overpriced in my opinion and as said the mkII had not arrived yet.

Lets not forget that this an old shape car now that hasn't been made for about four years!

The previous owner of my mkI VRS lost about 4k in one year due to prices falling and him paying top dollar for it.

maybe but i certainly wont be buying another diesel now as i had hoped it would hold its value well.... i guess the price of diesel going up hasnt helped either! :thumbdown:

My brother just bought a black VRS 2006 (55 plate) with 68k on the clock and FSH. No damage a few stone chips, cruise control and heated seats and paid £5200.

Perhaps the remap might put some people off?

Any more mods on it or just the remap? look at returning to standard/ near enough standard as the remap, as said may put a few people off as to some in may give the impression of being 'ragged'

It will sell, hold out on the price you want, a car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

I dont think its the prices that are falling, its that people just arent spending there money. People are advertising things for less than they are worth just to shift things on, which makes it a buyers market if you've got the money to spend. Diesels should retain there value better than petrols, pump prices are only slightly higher but the mpg return is worth it. Ill never go back to an everyday petrol car now.

I've only just started looking at the used prices as i'm getting ready to sell my vRS, and i'm amazed at how well they've held their value!

Mine should hopefully be worth between 35-40% of what I paid for it in March 2005, pretty good I reckon B)

I've had my fabia vrs for around 2months now and love it. I bought it from a backstreet garage with full service history and 2 previous owners completely standard. 2005 black with just under 46k on the clock for £5500.

I just got my silver 04 vrs in very good con with FSH, 63k, sunroof and cruise control from a trade seller for £4500 which was alot cheaper than i expected to pay.

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie so please be kind.

After careful consideration to the alternatives, I have settled on the idea of a Fabia VRS for my 40 mile round trip to work for some fun driving and fuel economy. Having looked at the Auto Trader, Ebay, Pistonheads etc I think that people are asking too much money for them. When you book it up on Whatcar, Parkers' Guide or Glasses Guide, people seem to be adding circa £1000-1500 to RETAIL value. I'm looking to spend around £4500 at the most, as experts what do you think is realistic in terms of bartering and what age, mileage etc would be a good buy? There's a lot on with 100k+ on. Is the stigma of high mileage justified on the Fabia VRS?

Thanks all

Edited by Robbocop

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie so please be kind.

After careful consideration to the alternatives, I have settled on the idea of a Fabia VRS for my 40 mile round trip to work for some fun driving and fuel economy. Having looked at the Auto Trader, Ebay, Pistonheads etc I think that people are asking too much money for them. When you book it up on Whatcar, Parkers' Guide or Glasses Guide, people seem to be adding circa £1000-1500 to RETAIL value. I'm looking to spend around £4500 at the most, as experts what do you think is realistic in terms of bartering and what age, mileage etc would be a good buy? There's a lot on with 100k+ on. Is the stigma of high mileage justified on the Fabia VRS?

Thanks all

Have a look at asking prices on Autotrader. Last I looked there were 6 Fabia VRS under 80K miles. "Usual" asking price was £5K. One was up for £4250. Whether that's what people want to pay is another matter.

J.

I hate it when people quote book prices. They only write books!! Each car/bike/vehicle should be priced on its own merits and not what a 'book' says.

Btw, this is not meant as an attack on robbocop, this is just my opinions on 'books'.

I just got my silver 04 vrs in very good con with FSH, 63k, sunroof and cruise control from a trade seller for £4500 which was alot cheaper than i expected to pay.

Sounds good! Hope the prices keep falling, will be helpful when I come to buy next year! :)

Depends on which side of the fence you sit I guess. I'm currently looking for a bog-stock unmapped historied vRS with under 60k miles on it and heated seats (got back problems and they really help). Can I find one for anywhere near book (which is at 51k miles for an 06/56 plate)? Can I heck, every one I've found is near as dammit £2000-£2500 over Glass' Guide retail and sellers aren't even interested in negotiating. It's weird, like they're all minted and don't actually need to sell anything to make a living. One said "Ah well, its the heated seats, they're quite rare". Yes, I agree they are but for Pete's sake they were a £250 option new, not £2500! And TBH as we all know, options like that don't add a lot (if anything) to used prices anyway.

Edited by cooliospoolio

I thought Glass' Guide was known for being out of touch with reality? Don't all the traders use CAP value?

Dunno, I'm not a trader but I got a few free shots at Glass' online via a mate of a mate. Even so, it's a heck of a variance in prices. The prices I've seen quoted in this thread (circa £5000) seem a lot more realistic than franchised Skoda dealers are asking (for what are after all "old" cars in their - dealers - terms). I mean Fabias on 05/55 plates are probably cycling through for the last time ie, if you buy then trade it in after a year or two they'll have absolutely no interest in it because it'll be too old for them to stock so you'd get bottom dollar for it as it's essentially auction fodder.

Glass & CAP will always have bottom price that dealers will quote to customers for PX, then they add their margin.

I would suggest you look at what the dealers are actually selling for against the Glass / Cap price, never take these book prices as gospel they are only a guide.

There are several factors that will dictate a sale price, rarity, service history & receipts for repairs / consumables, specification( even extras do make a difference as to a cars desirability, just look around at prices) and probably most important of all what will an individual customer pay for it.

Just decide on the colour , spec & max milage then look around & compare prices, one will come along that takes your eye, if there is ever any niggling doubt - Dont buy it.