DPF problems

Hi every 1 im serving in Germany and my dpf light came on about a hour later the glow plug started flashing and went to limp home mode, had a plug in and got dpf filter blocked, how ever if i disconnect what i thought was the exhaust pressure sensor (the 1 next to the top lamer sensor) it goes out of limp home and i have full power no lumpy ride. the vm says ay skoda 500 km and it blow up give us 14oo euros , i thing its a faulty pressure sensor as the cars been raged since iv had it from new (love the auto ban lol). the mechanic told me the sensor i thought was the exhaust presure sensor is a simple temp sensor so how does the car now when the dpf is blocked? any help would be great.

Is ur car a common rail or PD? If the dpf light comes on u gota drive in 4/5th gear between 1800-2500rpm to make it regenerate!! Flooring it will only make it worse and disconnecting sensors to turn limp home mode off will just ruin the dpf and its a costly fix!! Get it to a skoda dealer over there for a forced regen, after that theyl tell u if the pressure sensor is goosed dude!!

Is ur car a common rail or PD? If the dpf light comes on u gota drive in 4/5th gear between 1800-2500rpm to make it regenerate!! Flooring it will only make it worse and disconnecting sensors to turn limp home mode off will just ruin the dpf and its a costly fix!! Get it to a skoda dealer over there for a forced regen, after that theyl tell u if the pressure sensor is goosed dude!!

its a common rail tryed the 4th 5th gear no good ill try skoda tomorrow if not need to find some where to remap it if i remove the brick out of the dpf then if that fails ill cry a bit lol

its a common rail tryed the 4th 5th gear no good ill try skoda tomorrow if not need to find some where to remap it if i remove the brick out of the dpf then if that fails ill cry a bit lol

We could do that for you if you shipped the ECU to us :thumbup:

We could do that for you if you shipped the ECU to us :thumbup:

so does any 1 know what sensor controls the dpf light on the dash and how the regen function work on the vrs deisel?

thanks

The pressure sensor will control the light as it determines when it has 2 regenerate, the common rail system is more intelligent than the PD but basically when it senses the pressure difference it will throw fuel down the dpf in order to raise the temp to burn off the soot particles! PD engines wait for TDC before they can inject where as common rails can adjust to suit, thus making the dpf far less a pain the ass than what the PD is!

The pressure sensor will control the light as it determines when it has 2 regenerate, the common rail system is more intelligent than the PD but basically when it senses the pressure difference it will throw fuel down the dpf in order to raise the temp to burn off the soot particles! PD engines wait for TDC before they can inject where as common rails can adjust to suit, thus making the dpf far less a pain the ass than what the PD is!

ok this sensor that determines when to put fuel in to the exhaust which inginites as the mainfold is red hot burning of the soot. so now im understanding a bit more so heres my questions.

1, how does the comon rail get fuel in to the exhaust?

2, which is the sensor that tells the ecu when to do this? looking at it (please tell me if im wrong ) theres 2 sensors on top 1 with 4/5 wires ie the lambor, the 1 next to it with 2 wires ie either the exhaust pressure sensor (picks up the drop in pressure due to the dpf being blocked) theres then another lamor the other side of the cat.

there also a metal pipe wich connects to a rubber pipe and another sensor.

any help would be great

i love my vrs but it this is going to be a problem as im away a lot soon i might get rid

Basically itl just fire off another injection on the exhaust stroke so instead of being ignited on the compression stroke itl just throw it down the dpf, the pressure sensor (cant remember off hand where it is on CR, someone will clarify hopefully, not worked on them for over year n half)

Will determine when it needs a regen, as does the temp sensor as it has to be at a certain temp in the first place to consider a regen! The pressure is the common fault with them! Certainly not worth selling it over! Unless ur still driving it as by now the DPF is prob fooked if u r!!

Basically itl just fire off another injection on the exhaust stroke so instead of being ignited on the compression stroke itl just throw it down the dpf, the pressure sensor (cant remember off hand where it is on CR, someone will clarify hopefully, not worked on them for over year n half)

Will determine when it needs a regen, as does the temp sensor as it has to be at a certain temp in the first place to consider a regen! The pressure is the common fault with them! Certainly not worth selling it over! Unless ur still driving it as by now the DPF is prob fooked if u r!!

it went from the dpf light coming on tolimp home all about an hour. tryed the 4th gear drive thing no luck apart from the light on it drives fine thinking of removing it and jet wash it out and see if it removes the light other wise its going to need a remap and a by pass putting in . so im i thinking theres a sensor for the temp and a sensor to tell the ecu its blocked?

Yeah an hour will be about about right, they can go into limp home mode Considerably sooner than an hour!! U REALLY need to get it hooked up to a diagnostic machine ASAP to find out the % the DPF is blocked!! And see if a forced regen can be carried out!! It sounds like a duff pressure sensor so before ripping it to bits get it hooked up to machine and try a new pressure sensor!! Dont drive it! If it gets over 95% its ""supposed"" to be fecked!!!

they pluged it for my wife and said the dpf needs replacing, when i checked it i was get dpf blocked think the code was p2002 so ill go down and im guessing through the vag plug in they can tell the % its blocked?

Yeah it will show up the % of how blocked it is! Get them 2 try a forced regen see if the % starts dropping, if it doesnt, try a new pressure sensor then a forced regen! If its completely blocked n its fecked get a DPF delete carried out! No more hassle n more bhp :-)

Had same probs with mine i like to open the car up had dpf light come on took it to skoda did regen they told me i wasnt driving it hard enough which i was light come on every week even thou took it down motorway turns out it was pressure sensor

Had same probs with mine i like to open the car up had dpf light come on took it to skoda did regen they told me i wasnt driving it hard enough which i was light come on every week even thou took it down motorway turns out it was pressure sensor

im iright in thinking theres either a presure sensor and a temp sensor or 1 sensor that does both?

the dpf sensors are available on ebay there was a member on here bought one not so long back http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-audi-seat-skoda-dpf-sensor-/160616048658?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2565766812

Funny old day today went to skoda and with my best German explained what i wanted (check the % of the dpf and force a regen) Guess what i had another plug in and was told the dpf was full, how ever this time i went and watched him plug it in and asked why the 2nd error code said the pressure sensor was short to earth? my germans not that bad some serious words which he proberly didnt understand but my 6ft 2" 16 stone frame got the point across, and after telling them ill fit it as well 50 euros down the line a run up the auto ban and im sorted!!!!

thanks for all the help guys these forms are the best thing since thinking it was a good idea pushing sqauddies out of planes during the war!!!

im iright in thinking theres either a presure sensor and a temp sensor or 1 sensor that does both?

There is

A pressure sensor

A turbo temp sensor

A pre DPF temp sensor

A post DPF temp sensor

a lambda probe

All need to be working for the DPF to function

There have been quite a few modifications to the pressure sensors over the years and a fair few ECU updates.

The PD and CR pressure sensors are the same, the CR ones tend to come with replacment pipes but at the end of the day its a differential sensor, just to see if the DPF is blocking up. New ones have done away with the post DPF pressure line and now it goes to atmostphere for comparrision. Most of the time DPFs are deemed blocked when in fact there not, its just the sensor thinking it is as its not reading right. New sensors have to be adapted to the engine ECU and to zero when they are fitted.

There is

A pressure sensor

A turbo temp sensor

A pre DPF temp sensor

A post DPF temp sensor

a lambda probe

All need to be working for the DPF to function

There have been quite a few modifications to the pressure sensors over the years and a fair few ECU updates.

The PD and CR pressure sensors are the same, the CR ones tend to come with replacment pipes but at the end of the day its a differential sensor, just to see if the DPF is blocking up. New ones have done away with the post DPF pressure line and now it goes to atmostphere for comparrision. Most of the time DPFs are deemed blocked when in fact there not, its just the sensor thinking it is as its not reading right. New sensors have to be adapted to the engine ECU and to zero when they are fitted.

fitted mine had no updates since iv had the car due to a local garage servicing it, i saw a thread about a uprated presure sensor and a remap in 2008 woundered if it was a recall as mines been in germany since new?