Dead vRS tdi

Hi everyone, i seem to have a little problem with a silent engine.

On my way home tonight, the engine just cut out, i dipped the clutch and restarted the engine, about 10secs after that it died again, i did notice the glow light flashed a couple of times. now it wont start at all

ive got it towed home and done the following

checked

cam belt

all fuses

OBD-II scan says no fualts

gone in search on the 109 relay under the dash all i have in there is 460's 449's and 53's

it will crank over but not fire into life, no to keen on taking it to my local skoda they let me down in the past. plus its De-DPF'ed and mapped

Any help please folks ??

martin

Edited by martin1611

would that shut them all down ?

From what I've read on here it would basically cut all power to the injectors to stop the short circuit in the faulty one from damaging the ECU. The way I've heard the injector fault described it could well be what you're suffering from.

Hi everyone, i seem to have a little problem with a silent engine.

On my way home tonight, the engine just cut out, i dipped the clutch and restarted the engine, about 10secs after that it died again, i did notice the glow light flashed a couple of times. now it wont start at all

ive got it towed home and done the following

checked

cam belt

all fuses

OBD-II scan says no fualts

gone in search on the 109 relay under the dash all i have in there is 460's 449's and 53's

it will crank over but not fire into life, no to keen on taking it to my local skoda they let me down in the past. plus its De-DPF'ed and mapped

Any help please folks ??

martin

with Skoda paying to replace all the injectors faulty or otherwise what have you got to lose by taking the car in to the dealer? they need to be changed before they fail in a dangerous situation. Good luck. tell them VOSA sent you, it seems to help

Edited by Dogsnob

It could be the injectors or one of the fuel pumps. (usually the high pressure one iirc). Does it start it you keep cranking for a while?...and i mean a while?!

Best of luck, worth following up on the injector replacement regardless.

Would have expected such a fault to log a code though.

That sounds like the injectors, Im going through the same at the moment. The AA chap didnt get any fault codes, but the Skoda dealer did.

Only one injector down but it shuts the whole thing down like a trip switch.

Im hoping to hear back about mine today, fingers crossed.

Good Luck :)

• 2 weeks later...