Bedding in period... done!

I've been following the 1500 mile beading in period to the letter... today that was up and I moved the DSG stick from D to S for the first time.... ohhhhhhhhhhh my.

So glad I got the DSG with steering wheel paddles, pop the box in S and using the paddles to control the gear selection in the bendy B road bits... EPIC!!

I love this car, and I love the DSG... Fact.

E

I've been following the 1500 mile beading in period to the letter... today that was up and I moved the DSG stick from D to S for the first time.... ohhhhhhhhhhh my.

So glad I got the DSG with steering wheel paddles, pop the box in S and using the paddles to control the gear selection in the bendy B road bits... EPIC!!

I love this car, and I love the DSG... Fact.

E

Bedding in period? Whats that all about, my TSI DSG is due anyday now and if I have to wait til I have done 1500 miles til I can use the S mode then I will be waiting about 4 months!!!

Bedding in is actually a debate and it appears there are no stone wall facts about the best way to bed or run in the TSI, or in fact if you need to at all. Some people thrash it from new, some run it in. I thrashed mine on and off from the off.

Do some searches and make up your own mind really.

Interestingly I have read the more cautious drivers burn more oil then people who don't. My oil is still at max and I often drive my car like a vrs.

DSG is awesome though

I followed it (fairly closely) for the first 500 miles then increased revs gradually after that, havent used any oil and car is running real nice.

Ive nearly done 2000 miles in my new vRS TDI in the 3 weeks since taking delivery and its loosening up quite nicely. I havent ragged it, not gone over 3000 revs as Ive got it for 3 years so will treat it with respect. I will give it another week before giving it a blast, i should be getting towards 3000 miles by end of next week.

Running in/Bedding in???

Not necessary !!

I havent for years...to no detrement at all

This isnt 1970!!

Valid point. I believe these TSI engines are pretty spot on and it isn't really required. Each to their own though, some people do it for peace of mind I think

Running in/Bedding in???

Not necessary !!

I havent for years...to no detrement at all

This isnt 1970!!

+1 - They put it in the manual to cover themselves.

Just let the oil get to temp and then rag it!

Ok thanks chaps, seems that its a personal choice thing then, I was under the impression that most engine manufacturers these days ran the engines in on the bench anyway?

I think I will just drive it how the mood takes me, a lot of my driving is around town anyway, so the chances to get it into S and rag it will be few and far between anyway.