Goodbye (for now)

Tonyp5a

Talking about a poorly put together interior, go and sit in a new VW Jetta, can't believe how poor it is, the silver trim on the door is not fitted properly, it has more hard plastic than the Yeti. The Jetta and the Yeti share the same driver side window control and the courtesy light in the front!

On another note, I found out the Golf Estate also has hard door caps instead of the soft door cap on the MkVI hatchback, in fact the front door interior is different to the hatchback!

Edited by My_Yeti

Talking about a poorly put together interior, go and sit in a new VW Jetta, can't believe how poor it is, the silver trim on the door is not fitted properly, it has more hard plastic than the Yeti. The Jetta and the Yeti share the same driver side window control and the courtesy light in the front!

On another note, I found out the Golf Estate also has hard door caps instead of the soft door cap on the MkVI hatchback, in fact the front door interior is different to the hatchback!

The Jetta is now built in Mexico........ 'nuff said.

Also look at the B-pillar in the Golf VI. They are still from the Golf V and thus the door card and the pillar don't match!!! (From CAR magazine and apologies for the bad picture!):

imgp0076.jpg

lol, that is sloppy work by VW

True but very few people will ever notice as the seat's normal position will mask it in 95% of cases.

As to the Golf Estate: it has the entire front end of the Golf V with less sound deadening and none of the Golf VI "upgrades" to suspension and engine mounts, etc. It only got the new VI nose to look like a VI! Cost cutting at its best. :giggle:

True but very few people will ever notice as the seat's normal position will mask it in 95% of cases.

As to the Golf Estate: it has the entire front end of the Golf V with less sound deadening and none of the Golf VI "upgrades" to suspension and engine mounts, etc. It only got the new VI nose to look like a VI! Cost cutting at its best. :giggle:

Yes. i wonder how many Golf estate buyers know they're getting a facelifted Mk5 rather than an estate version of the Mk6 hatch? Mind you, how many would then consider the mechanically near identical, better value, more practical Octavia estate?

Can you get leather in a Scout just now? Is there such a thing as a L+K Scout (with leather?)

I just downloaded the brochure and you are right - full leather is not even an option! Only Alcantara at £1,495 (which includes heated front seats). But as ever the brochure is so misleading. It says that the Light Assistant is standard as well as the automatic dimming rearview mirror (as 4x4 spec so standard on the Scout). Yet under options it lists the Light Assistant (and associated rain sensor) and the dimming mirror as options. Though Xenons, LED DRLs are options though it seems Maxidot is not even available as an option as you only get this on the Elegance level and up.

So to get a decent spec one nearly EVERYTHING has to be a costly option.

My Scout's 2nd hand pre-FL & I'm pretty sure it's standard spec for the model.

You could argue that it could be better spec'd as standard but to say it isn't a decent spec already is a bit wide of the mark.

Johann I have put this question a couple of times in the Octavia II forum and been told you can get leather (I still have not seen any evidence of it though :wonder: !)

Well as it happens I prefer the Alcantara so it was not an issue when we spoke to James. Just the price was!!!

My Scout's 2nd hand pre-FL & I'm pretty sure it's standard spec for the model.

You could argue that it could be better spec'd as standard but to say it isn't a decent spec already is a bit wide of the mark.

Granted! Nothing wrong with the basic spec! :giggle: But you know where I was coming from!

Leather, Xenons and Maxidot all standard on a Yeti Elegance, as is Auto lights, auto wipers and DRLs. All three the later from memory being options on the Scout.

You mentioned the 'Elegance' and 'Scout' which I incorrectly assumed was a comparison for the Octavia, hence my reference to the L&K being the top spec Octavia, not the Elegance.

I think you actually meant to compare the Yeti Elegance and Octavia Scout.

The top spec Yeti Elegance CR 140PS TDi 4x4 has an OTR price of £22,840 compared to the Octavia Scout with the same engine at £22,720, only £100 in it.

However to spec up an Octavia Scout to a similar level to the Yeti Elegance (alcantara/heated seats, xenon's, maxidot & LED DRL's) would cost around another £2,500, quite a chunk for a bigger boot.

But as ever the brochure is so misleading. It says that the Light Assistant is standard as well as the automatic dimming rearview mirror (as 4x4 spec so standard on the Scout). Yet under options it lists the Light Assistant (and associated rain sensor) and the dimming mirror as options. Though Xenons, LED DRLs are options though it seems Maxidot is not even available as an option as you only get this on the Elegance level and up.

Yep, the brochure is at best misleading at worst simply incorrect.

Light assist, auto wipers and dimming rear view mirror are all standard on the Scout, yet are all listed as a single cost option bundled together with the LED DRL's.

Take away the fact that they are already standard and it makes the LED DRL's option quite pricey at £155, especially as they are in lieu of the front fog lights!

They do list Maxidot as a cost option on the Scout, but only in conjunction with the multi-function steering wheel. I've seen used Scout's with Maxidot but without the multi-function steering wheel :no:

I've also seen Scout's with leather too :giggle:

You mentioned the 'Elegance' and 'Scout' which I incorrectly assumed was a comparison for the Octavia, hence my reference to the L&K being the top spec Octavia, not the Elegance.

I think you actually meant to compare the Yeti Elegance and Octavia Scout.

The top spec Yeti Elegance CR 140PS TDi 4x4 has an OTR price of £22,840 compared to the Octavia Scout with the same engine at £22,720, only £100 in it.

However to spec up an Octavia Scout to a similar level to the Yeti Elegance (alcantara/heated seats, xenon's, maxidot & LED DRL's) would cost around another £2,500, quite a chunk for a bigger boot.

AH! Confusion cleared. Yes, I was compating Yeti Elegance to a Scout. And £2,500 over a Yeti is a lot to pay alas to only get a bigger boot and a postage stamp sunroof. So viz a viz a Yeti the Scout just does not make financial sense to me - if bought new. UNLESS SUK brings out an Elegance spec Scout... Which this deep into the model cycle I suspect they won't.

Why do SUK offer a 170 Yeti, 170 Superb, both 4x4, both in Elegance form, but not the Scout, I find it puzzling personally.

Why do Skoda offer a CR170 DSG in the Octavia and in the Superb and not the Yeti?

Puzzled? You bet......

Why does the elegance trim in the Octavia vary from the Yeti Elegance trim and also the Superb elegance trim. There is no logic that I have found (yet).