My new Octavia Scout

Ladies and gents,

After what has seemed an eternity my new Octavia Scout is here. I ordered it late Nov 2010 via Drive the Deal (and got what I thought was a great price), it arrived in the UK 1st July, and I picked it up from Marlborough Skoda in West London today. Apparently Marlborough don't deal with DtD anymore, in fact not sure if Dtd deal with any Skoda dealer anymore! Seems like I got in there just in time :)

Anyway the spec is:

2.0 TDi

Anthracite

Polished Proteus alloys - I ordered them, then saw some pics and wasn't sure if I'd like them, but it's OK, I do like them - phew
:)

Xenons

Silver roof rails - wanted something to lighten the look and match the undertrays

Alcantara upholstry

Heated seats

space saver spare - which came fitted with Continental 205/55/R16 tyre

Sunroof - always had a thing about having extra light into a car and thought what the heck, order it!

Curtain airbags

Maxidot - apparently it's a 'must have'

err, think that's it.

It came with a stubby aerial, split seats with load-through panel (ideal for our skis), some cargo net things (which will probably remain un-used), 3 years RAC European breakdown cover, 7-day free insurance cover, and loads I'm sure I've yet to discover.

On a 120 mile drive back to Lincolnshire it averaged 53.7 mpg, admittedly I was driving like a slow thing from the planet James May; I'll blame it on poor weather and shed-loads of traffic. Also, I remember someone asking on the forum somewhere about when the new Skoda badges will appear, well I think this has come with the old ones.

So, how do I post pictures, I'm not a luddite but was expecting there to be a 'upload picture' button but apparently not, or am I just being particularly dim today? Answer: I'm being dim, realised I need to be a paying member to upload pictures.

Edited by toonfan66

Yes it was me that asked about the badges, so its the green ones then, thats fine.

Mine was built on the 27 June and arrived into Shearness on the 1st July as well I believe, collect mine Monday late afternoon all being well, its arriving at teh dealer 9am Monday morning so meeting it off the lorry :-)

As for picture upload, cant you put them on photobucket then copy and paste the IMG code? That should load pics, dont think you have to be a paying member??

Enjoy your car :-)

Ladies and gents,

After what has seemed an eternity my new Octavia Scout is here. I ordered it late Nov 2010 via Drive the Deal (and got what I thought was a great price), it arrived in the UK 1st July, and I picked it up from Marlborough Skoda in West London today. Apparently Marlborough don't deal with DtD anymore, in fact not sure if Dtd deal with any Skoda dealer anymore! Seems like I got in there just in time :)

Anyway the spec is:

2.0 TDi

Anthracite

Polished Proteus alloys - I ordered them, then saw some pics and wasn't sure if I'd like them, but it's OK, I do like them - phew
:)

Xenons

Silver roof rails - wanted something to lighten the look and match the undertrays

Alcantara upholstry

Heated seats

space saver spare - which came fitted with Continental 205/55/R16 tyre

Sunroof - always had a thing about having extra light into a car and thought what the heck, order it!

Curtain airbags

Maxidot - apparently it's a 'must have'

err, think that's it.

It came with a stubby aerial, split seats with load-through panel (ideal for our skis), some cargo net things (which will probably remain un-used), 3 years RAC European breakdown cover, 7-day free insurance cover, and loads I'm sure I've yet to discover.

On a 120 mile drive back to Lincolnshire it averaged 53.7 mpg, admittedly I was driving like a slow thing from the planet James May; I'll blame it on poor weather and shed-loads of traffic. Also, I remember someone asking on the forum somewhere about when the new Skoda badges will appear, well I think this has come with the old ones.

So, how do I post pictures, I'm not a luddite but was expecting there to be a 'upload picture' button but apparently not, or am I just being particularly dim today? Answer: I'm being dim, realised I need to be a paying member to upload pictures.

No you don't, you need to put you r photo's in something like photobucket & link to them.

Glad you like it though, you wait till it snows, you will be in second heaven!

Oops - James beat me to it!

Edited by Captain Kremen

Thanks for the advice guys, let's see if this has worked.

Scout pics

It was clean 120 miles previous but a bit 'water splashed' after the journey. Will clean it tomorrow .... how sad, one day, one journey, first clean :)

Edited by toonfan66

Looking good, those are cool alloys

Thanks, they do look quite good :) I only saw pictures of them when I was car hunting, and ordered them on the strength of just pictures (very un-like me). A couple of months after ordering someone posted some pics of their car in which they didn't look great, and ever since I had fingers crossed they'd be OK. When I saw them I did like them, and think they were a really good match with the Anthracite paint. I was quite relieved to say the least!

Thanks, they do look quite good :) I only saw pictures of them when I was car hunting, and ordered them on the strength of just pictures (very un-like me). A couple of months after ordering someone posted some pics of their car in which they didn't look great, and ever since I had fingers crossed they'd be OK. When I saw them I did like them, and think they were a really good match with the Anthracite paint. I was quite relieved to say the least!

It was probably me who was posting those pics. It took me about a day to get over 'the look' but now I think they really complement the car and am very very pleased with them.

One question for you I have is how do you find the leather/Alcantara? My dealer was quite dismissive of the quality and basically advised against it but I can't help thinking that I made a mistake not ordering

I have just done 2,500 miles in mine now and absolutly love it

Very Nice :thumbup:

Agree about the alloys, I wasn't sure about them, but think they do look very good :yes:

IMHO you just need one of these:

IMG_0257.jpg

To make sense of the gap between the silver roof rails and the lower bumper! ;) Well at least on a light coloured one (can't say the word B.. B.. beige, there i said it) :giggle:

It was probably me who was posting those pics. It took me about a day to get over 'the look' but now I think they really complement the car and am very very pleased with them.

One question for you I have is how do you find the leather/Alcantara? My dealer was quite dismissive of the quality and basically advised against it but I can't help thinking that I made a mistake not ordering

I have just done 2,500 miles in mine now and absolutly love it

The leather/alcantara is OK, although I have nothing to compare it to side by side. It was an expensive option but I had my last car for 8 yrs and plan on keeping this a while too so thought it was worth it. I don't think it's the best quality around but it's ok, however, having just looked (only 163 miles on the clock) the driver seat side bolster (on the squab, if that means the bit you sit on) I have noticed it's creased and mis-shapen already.

I'll monitor it, but just because I'm a larger bloke (6'2", 17 stone) I don't expect it to look as worn in such a short time. My Audi is 10 yrs old and has 205k miles on the clock and the look is not that different!

Very Nice :thumbup:

Agree about the alloys, I wasn't sure about them, but think they do look very good :yes:

IMHO you just need one of these:

IMG_0257.jpg

To make sense of the gap between the silver roof rails and the lower bumper! ;) Well at least on a light coloured one (can't say the word B.. B.. beige, there i said it) :giggle:

You may have a point, I've just looked at both cars and mine does look like something is missing. We'll see how the finances hold out, there's lots on the shopping list: whispbars, ski carrier or roofbox, set of steel wheels and winter tyres (seriously thinking about 205/60R16 as opposed to 205/55R16), side window blinds ..... the list is a growing one :)

Bar the heated seats, maxidot, alloys & curtain airbags that would be my extras & colour if I bought a new one!

Very nice! The silver roofbars look the biz on that colour.

Keeps us posted on the bolster wear.

I like the leather interior a lot - it gives the interior a lift (I think the cards are very smart) and it feels hardwearing enough. The backs of the seats are actually PVC but mine has taken 9 months of battering from a toddler with no I'll effects including pens, crayons, sandy feet, etc and the marks just wipe off. The Alcantara is great to sit on - nicely grippy and warm if you know what I mean...

Hi All,

Also took delivery of my new Scout TDI today - via Drive The Deal. Ordered late Dec. Very happy so far, although only been round the block a few times.

Rosso Brunello (looks amazing, darker than I was imagining)

Xenon lights

Memory seats & mirrors

Heated front seats

Bluetooth

Curtain airbags

Variable boot floor

MDI

Spare wheel

Not sure about the usefulness of the variable boot floor as yet. It sounded like a good idea!

One quick question, if anyone can help. My previous car was a 2006 Passat 2.0 TDI on 'long-life' service plan. I have a ton of spare engine oil, Castrol Edge 5W-30 (the Passat used to go through oil like nobody's business). Is this the right stuff for the Scout engine too?

One quick question, if anyone can help. My previous car was a 2006 Passat 2.0 TDI on 'long-life' service plan. I have a ton of spare engine oil, Castrol Edge 5W-30 (the Passat used to go through oil like nobody's business). Is this the right stuff for the Scout engine too?

Probably not. Check the label on the bottle to see if it meets the VW 507 00 spec. If it doesn't then you stand a good chance of knackering the DPF and spending over a grand to get it replaced!