Are Fabia 2s 10K servicing?

Hi lol, yes...to my knowledge all Fab Mk2's are 10k or one year fixed servicing - whichever comes first. Mine is, and it's a diesel. I don't think the variable servicing is an option on the Fabs...but someone with more knowledge of the Fabia service regime will be along soon no doubt.

Bit worried now. My Greenline is on variable servicing, 18k or every two years. Dealer was certain that the Fabia could go on variable servicing but the Skoda car configurator says it can't.

The onboard computer shows that service due in 17,900 miles or 700 and something days.

Very confused!

Mine was recently done on fixed servicing at 10,000 and a bit miles, technically I think it is 9321 miles (15000km), but for the sake of messing about it might as well be 10000 miles.

There is a code page in the manual somewhere which denotes whether the car it is fixed or manual servicing...this ties in with the sticker under the boot floor where the spare wheel is, there is a lot of little codes on there, one of them is for fixed / variable servicing, can't remember exactly which one though.

Mine was recently done on fixed servicing at 10,000 and a bit miles, technically I think it is 9321 miles (15000km), but for the sake of messing about it might as well be 10000 miles.

There is a code page in the manual somewhere which denotes whether the car it is fixed or manual servicing...this ties in with the sticker under the boot floor where the spare wheel is, there is a lot of little codes on there, one of them is for fixed / variable servicing, can't remember exactly which one though.

Mine shows a code which equates to fixed servicing but the technicians at the dealers say that these can be changed (this is what they told me when they changed the servicing to variable). I am not convinced though.

Apparently one of the codes equates to daylight running lights and this is something which the dealer can change.

All fabia's are 10k or 1 year, time and distance servicing, even though they have the same engines as other cars in the range which can be set up on longlife

Mine shows a code which equates to fixed servicing but the technicians at the dealers say that these can be changed (this is what they told me when they changed the servicing to variable). I am not convinced though.

Apparently one of the codes equates to daylight running lights and this is something which the dealer can change.

Dan...I would look into this a bit more. I'm sure your dealer is wrong and this could affect your warranty if it is. Speak with SUK to be sure and quote them your car details fully eg. the codes under the bonnet etc.

My dealer told me no Fabia can be put on variable servicing.

This is due to the Fabia not having a sensor that tells the car how bad the engine oil is, so it's due for a change. (which the other models have!)

They put our Yeti on variable servicing, even though it has an engine that also comes in a Fabia. But on the Fabia it can't be done.

So you are stuck with 15,000km or 9,400 miles

Look on the inside cover or your service record, There should be a data sticker, Exactly the same as the one in the boot.

What you're looking for is the code, QG2 - Fixed servicing or QG1 Variable servicing.

Though I'm sure for the MKI Fabia Fixed servicing was denoted by the code QG0

Dan...I would look into this a bit more. I'm sure your dealer is wrong and this could affect your warranty if it is. Speak with SUK to be sure and quote them your car details fully eg. the codes under the bonnet etc.

I will call SUK tomorrow. The dealer thoroughly confused me and themselves when they looked at the car. I will post what I find out from SUK.

My garage reckoned that they had heard some mutterings that the 1.6D could go on variable but it is sometimes that the onboard electronics that are missing to monitor the status.

I am leaning towards the 1.2 TSI but if the diesel was on variable then that would be a factor in its favour but if the no VAT deals are just on the petrol that will probably be the biggest tilting element for the Monte Carlo.

Edited by lol

I will call SUK tomorrow. The dealer thoroughly confused me and themselves when they looked at the car. I will post what I find out from SUK.

Right, Skoda Technical have advised that the Greenline II should not go onto variable servicing, fixed servicing only. Back to the dealer I go!

Right, Skoda Technical have advised that the Greenline II should not go onto variable servicing, fixed servicing only. Back to the dealer I go!

It does seem a general confusion on this issue but as I understood it the Fabia does not have the electronics to do the monitoring although the engine/oil clearly can do variable miles in other models.

Hope you saved it in time but probably no issue if you do medium to longer journeys rather than mostly city. If wrong get Dealer/SUK to compensate.

It does seem a general confusion on this issue but as I understood it the Fabia does not have the electronics to do the monitoring although the engine/oil clearly can do variable miles in other models.

Hope you saved it in time but probably no issue if you do medium to longer journeys rather than mostly city. If wrong get Dealer/SUK to compensate.

Only done 1500 miles so no harm. Just glad I finally managed to get an answer out of Skoda UK. Dealer almost useless......

yep mine fixed 1 year or 10,000, sticker inside the front door on the edge of the instrument panel when you open the door, telling you date, interval etc.