Electric memory seats

There is a similar topic on skodacommunity.de

The lastest reports there says that now people are getting the problems solved. It seems that there is a bad series of seat sensors. Some german's has now got their seat underbody changed as a complete unit (sensors, motors etc) and now it is working. From this it does not seem to be the seat control module that is failing.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had any luck getting this issue resolved? The memory seat function on my new Superb Elegance stopped working after a couple of days. I dropped the car off at the dealers only to get a telephone call a couple of hours later saying the memory function was working normally and that the technician would show me how to set the memory properly! When I returned to the dealer it had stopped working again so I left them with the car overnight. I have just had a call this afternoon to say it seems to be working fine again without them actually doing anything. I can only assume that they are resetting the memory seat function to get it working - but this is only a temp fix. Any assistance I could pass on to the dealer would be greatly appreciated.

Tell him to get a log from your car with diagnostic tool and send it to Skoda HQ. People are experiencing this all over europe now. I guess it is a software bug or a tolerance problem together with some hysteric software (could explain why some has the error and some does not). Put pressure on Skoda HQ is the only way out. Your dealer is just a hostage between you and Skoda and he can only offer temporary fixes to your problem. I guess Skoda-CZ soon have to get their fingers out of their a..

I guess the Skoda engineers will need support from VW mother company and Skoda might be second priority to VW which means it can take some time. But lets hope.

BTW Passat 09/10 suffered of the same problem. VW customers having this issues are having their CAN-gateway reprogrammed with new software. It should solve it for Passat owners. Unfortunately the Superb does not have the same gateway as Passat, so it is not a direct fix for the Superb.

Ok so I have the same problem and booked my car in. The day before it went in my battery was dead.

Got out Skoda assist, charged it up and my seat worked for the first time this month.

Yay, booking canceled.

Today it's dead again :(

Does anyone know which fuse powers the seat? I cant be bothered booking t in again if I can reset it.

• 4 weeks later...

After continued chasing of my dealer, they finally recommended that I contact SUK Customer Services and complain as the dealer's hands were tied by SUK Technical Services.

Spoke to SUK customer services at two weeks ago. They did some digging with technical services and the dealer. The upshot is, they have managed to convince technical services to send my dealer a new command module for the seats.

Module arrived at the dealer last Thursday, but due to a business trip, could only get the car in today.

Car went into dealer and within two hours I had a phone call to tell me that all is good in the land of memory seats. Yeah the new command module has worked. Picked up the car this evening and had a good play and everything appears to be working fine.

My recommendation to anyone still waiting for the issue to be resolved, is get in touch with customer services as unlike technical services or the dealer who can leave a job card open for eternity, they have to close complaints within a specific limited time period so will continue to chase on your behalf until the issue is resolved.

I have to say a big thank you to Tom at SUK Customer Services for giving me updates on the issue every couple of days and brining everything to a satisfactory conclusion.

I have the same problem.. My three months old superb has suddenly stopped remembering any position of the electric driver seat.

Is there any way to reset it? Unplug the battery for some time or something? My service center will take ages to discover they need to replace the control unit and will just probably unplug the battery to reset it... If it's gonna fail again in some weeks I don't see that as a solution.

My drivers seat has just started to loose the plot, it now only moves forward when you press a memory button, it doesn't move the seat backwards! so each time you press the same recall button the seat moves closer and closer to the steering wheel. trying to bbok it in with the dealer now. I'll keep you posted on the result.

• 2 months later...

We had our Superb into a dealership this week to replace the windscreen (grrrr !) and one of the recalls they did was software update 70E8, which fixed all the issues - as described in this thread - which we'd been having with our memory seats in our MY12...