Scrap Value?

My_Yeti

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had any experience scrapping a car. My brother has a Mk3 Mondeo 1.8, full FSH, but unfortunately been Cat D recently (Front and Rear OS panel dented). It still drives normally and been checked out by Ford, mechanically fine.

Any idea what kind of Scrap value we should consider and whether it would be better to sell on Ebay? (considering it's Cat D and has dents)

Thanks!

PS. It has MOT

Edited by My_Yeti

I got £85 for a MOT failure 1991 peugeot 106 a few months back,tbh i got more scrapping it than i prob would have if i tryed to sell it as i was a complete shed

I got £120 at christmas for an Agila that was used as a field car. The passenger door, bonnet and front wings had already gone. It was under a tonne before the weight loss. I think scrap has gone up since then so you should get quite a bit.

Brilliant, thanks for all the help.

If we get anything near £300 we will be happy - the 'bay or scrapping it. Scrapping it works out to be similar, taking into account after removing the CD Changer head unit and spare wheel kit to sell seperately. I guess the scrappers don't need this?!?