Centre armrest

Thinking about adding a centre armrest to my vRS. Looking at the armster (aftermarket) one or the proper Skoda item. Quite like the armster one, but not keen on drilling holes in the centre console and scared it might look a bit tacky. Can't for the life of me find a picture or desciption of how the Skoda one fits onto the centre console - I imagine it is neater ?.Could some kind person please provide me with a descipton of how the Skoda one fits,or even better a picture looking forwards from the back seat of the centre console with said armrest in place ??.Thanks in advance.

I fitted the Armster in my previous Clio, I now have the Skoda factory fitted armrest in my Monte. Don't know how to retro fit Skoda, but it is far superior to tha Armster.

Can't help with pics but the Skoda one gets fitted in place of the square space right in front of the back cup holder. No screws will be visible after installment and it is very easy to fit if you follow the manual. Did it myself and saved money and a trip to the dealers. It looks the best than any aftermarket.

Can't help with pics but the Skoda one gets fitted in place of the square space right in front of the back cup holder. No screws will be visible after installment and it is very easy to fit if you follow the manual. Did it myself and saved money and a trip to the dealers. It looks the best than any aftermarket.

Thanks for the info.

how long did it take to fit

I had the same problem in the Roomster... Mine's stayed in the up position for the past 3 years... Waste of space as far as I'm concerned... I've just tested a Golf and C'eed, both had them, the C'eed's was the same as the Roomster and got in the way, the Golf's was shorter and was fine...

Might be worth going into a showroom and trying one before spending the money as it seems to be a "marmite" fitting!

Edited by The PM

I had the same problem in the Roomster... Mine's stayed in the up position for the past 3 years... Waste of space as far as I'm concerned... I've just tested a Golf and C'eed, both had them, the C'eed's was the same as the Roomster and got in the way, the Golf's was shorter and was fine...

Might be worth going into a showroom and trying one before spending the money as it seems to be a "marmite" fitting!

I have 2 fabias i with and 1 without, marmite definate great on motorways or duals but get in the way when handbrake or gear change required, the superb I had was perfect just slid forward and never in the way, on the fabia its badly designedemoticon-0148-yes.gif

Would be a pain on a manual, but I've found I hardly use the handbrake with DSG/hillholder.

I agree with you as well. Hill hold is great on the DSG. When at lights I just put it into P as it locks the wheels so never bother with the handbrake. As for the armrest I find it is good as I had a pacemaker fitted in feb so takes the strain when driving. To be honest you won't notice the arm rest getting in the way of the hand brake. I been looking at a few estate cars now for work and alot of the new cars the handbrakes are in a funny location/funny shape so I'm glad the fabia has got a good old fashioned hand brake

I've ordered an armrest since most of the time I'll be using paddles to change and I really liked it in my parents Octy. Only pain in the arse with it was putting fishing rods in but its no problem with the estate

Out of interest how much does the skoda one cost fitted?

Dunno 'bout fitted, but they are just under a hundred and forty of your earth pounds, to buy!

Had one like this in my old Mk1 Octy.

Would love one for the extra storage and long distance motorway armrest for my Furby Carlo.

The beauty is if you don't want to use it (or it's in the way) just stand it up - and as already stated it is extra hidden storage space

Mosquito - I don't suppose you have the part number and price ?

Ta

Had one like this in my old Mk1 Octy.

Would love one for the extra storage and long distance motorway armrest for my Furby Carlo.

The beauty is if you don't want to use it (or it's in the way) just stand it up - and as already stated it is extra hidden storage space

Mosquito - I don't suppose you have the part number and price ?

Ta

Part No DAO700001

£131.74 Inc. VAT (Ouch !!)