Bluetooth/satnav

MX51ROD

We have on order a 170 Elegance ,but gave opting for a factory fit sat nav a miss, £1500+ is a lot , when the same ( Coloumbus ) is available on ebay for around £500/600

The only thing bothering me is , the standard Bolero radio installation has bluetooth connection as standard , but I can find no mention of this being on the Columbus system , Is it there whatever radio is fitted or not available with the sat nav ?

Answers please on a £600 note :D

We have on order a 170 Elegance ,but gave opting for a factory fit sat nav a miss, £1500+ is a lot , when the same ( Coloumbus ) is available on ebay for around £500/600

The only thing bothering me is , the standard Bolero radio installation has bluetooth connection as standard , but I can find no mention of this being on the Columbus system , Is it there whatever radio is fitted or not available with the sat nav ?

Answers please on a £600 note :D

As far as I know, the Bolero doesn't have blue tooth in it (certainly not when fitted to Octavia). If you have bluetooth as standard on that trim level, it's most likely via a separate box located under the seat. As far as I'm aware, the same bluetooth units work with Columbus as work with the Bolero, so it should be just a straight swap (Columbus for Bolero).

Edited by sdenny

All elegance Yeti have Bluetooth as standard.

It is as mentioned above completely separate to the Bolero/Columbus, but if you have the BT (optional extra on SE) it will add extra functionality to the Bolero/Columbus as will the sound system.

Mike

I am now confused , just looked at the PDF owners manual ( just discovered the sticky with all the Yeti documentation ) for the Columbus sat nav and the system appears to be bluetooth enabled after all

That's right. So if the car has bt you can swap the bolero out for a Columbus and you'll still have bt.

One extra note: you may need have the car coded after the colubus is installed. Your friendly dealer will do this for you at great expense or you can use vag-com

That's right. So if the car has bt you can swap the bolero out for a Columbus and you'll still have bt.

One extra note: you may need have the car coded after the colubus is installed. Your friendly dealer will do this for you at great expense or you can use vag-com

Correct. But, if you want the Columbus to work with ALL the controllers on your vehicle you need to make sure to get a Columbus 3T0 or later with the relevant hardware revision, which I do not know what the latest one is.

If you want to use voice control of the Columbus then you will have to do some cutting of wire on the BT microphone and some re-wiring.

I decided I wanted all of that and splashed out and had the Columbus factory fitted. As I see between 1 and 8 clients a day, it is more convenient than having to remove the sucker of TomTom et al and clean the windscreen, which you would want to do in some of the areas I have to visit emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

The very best place to ask these questions is in the Ice, Security & Insurance area on Briskoda.

Mike

Programming the car to the radio should not present a problem , we are a VAG family , my son has the full VAG diagnostic software program on his laptop plus the connection lead to link to the car , this so he can tinker with his supercharged (470bhp) VW 4R32 Golf , daughter has a 05 Fabia , and we at Present a Passat , soon to be a Yeti .how soon well ……………………..talk about wishing your life away ! :giggle:

Voice control is something we may not bother with , I have a Parrot bluetooth unit in my van , and find voice recognition a bit hit and miss , may be ambient noise , but easier to use Parrot head unit and manual input , and as Wife will be the main user of the Yeti and she being a technophobe :no: ,the bluetooth will be in the main for incoming calls , if she needs to dial out she will park up.

Programming the car to the radio should not present a problem , we are a VAG family , my son has the full VAG diagnostic software program on his laptop plus the connection lead to link to the car , this so he can tinker with his supercharged (470bhp) VW 4R32 Golf , daughter has a 05 Fabia , and we at Present a Passat , soon to be a Yeti .how soon well ……………………..talk about wishing your life away ! :giggle:

Voice control is something we may not bother with , I have a Parrot bluetooth unit in my van , and find voice recognition a bit hit and miss , may be ambient noise , but easier to use Parrot head unit and manual input , and as Wife will be the main user of the Yeti and she being a technophobe :no: ,the bluetooth will be in the main for incoming calls , if she needs to dial out she will park up.

You get five "one touch" presets on the head unit (well Bolero, but suspect Columbus too). You can set them to what ever you want.

You get five "one touch" presets on the head unit (well Bolero, but suspect Columbus too). You can set them to what ever you want.

6 presets on the Columbus (one is called 'mailbox' which doesn't appear to be a name you can edit, but I have tagged it to my home landline without any problem).

6 presets on the Columbus (one is called 'mailbox' which doesn't appear to be a name you can edit, but I have tagged it to my home landline without any problem).

+1 I couldn't edit it either and have done the same, home landline number.emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Yeah I knew it was five plus mailbox but just assumed people would use it as such but well done for trying and suceeding in abusing it :-)