Fish?

Olly87

I was just interested if anyone else on here keeps fish? I keep marines and have had cold water and tropical over the last 5 years.

I have a new obsession with lion fish now though! Mainly dwarf the variety and have just ordered a Fu manch lion fish as think they are beatiful :)

Here's a picture of my little man!!

31aa0594.jpg

I've got 2 Tropical tanks at the minute, one rather full and one with barely anything in! Not got any recent pictures but heres a preview:

215523_10150162356528151_507618150_6633667_6168858_n.jpg

Probably my favorite. Royal Pleco. :)

217326_10150162358153151_507618150_6633694_3054058_n.jpg

Poopty mobile picture but you can see some of them, big parrot fish, 2 big silver dollars hiding at the back and some other random stuff. Have got more in now though!

I don't have a tank anymore, but I used to buy wholesale tropical and coldwater fish in my old job for retailing.

I always had a soft spot for the ghost knife fish.

ghost-knife-fish.jpg

I also used to have a tank of red bellied piranha. Officially the most boring fish in the whole wide world imho.

That's one lovely pleco you have their mate. I always seemed to somehow kill mine! Not very sure how!

Hopefully will have a much bigger tank soon to get some more lionfish!

Olly

We've got a cold water set up.

We have two fancies; a red cap orander and a chocolate orander. Two ranchu's. A plec, weather loach, algae shrimp and some danio's. We did have a black moore but she died of dropsy a couple of weeks ago.

I had a post up last year about who was a fishkeeper but there seemd to be little interest! I have a freshwater tank at the mo with redtail shark, pearl guaramis, silver fin tetras and tiger barbs. Have been sitting on the fence for a while about a salty tank!!..Maybe its about time i made the move!! :)

K:)

Kit it's definitely worth moving too the salty side as I loved tropicals but think marines are stunning too watch and much more personality! I am saving for a 200 litre full setup soon but they are so expensive. I started with a nano and now want something where I can buy larger fish.

Pond fish are welcome too mate :)

Olly

Olly the shop over here that i use for my freshwater says he'll do me a deal.....a river reef 94, 10kg of live rock, sand,salt, 2 cleaner crab, 2 clowns, hydrometer and a few other bits and bobs for 400 euro.....says he'll even come out and help set it up!!...Just catious that itl be more work than a freshwater!!...even though everyone says its not!!!

kit :)

I've priced up Marine myself and even the stock costs twice as much as Tropical ones.

My fish are all fun to watch though so i'm happy for now! Current stock is the Royal Pleco as posted, large orange spot pleco, big pink parrot cichlid, 2 large silver dollars, 1 hoplosternum catfish, 1 pictus catfish, 5 clown loaches, 3 zebra loaches, 2 ram cichlids, 5 danios and some algae eater panda garra's. Theres the odd scrap but its all fun. :D