Octavia 2 VRS Brake noise

Greetings all,

I'm quite new to Skoda but I'm loving every second of driving my vRS....... Until last night when I heard a strange noise coming from the front end. I have done a search on the site but none of the results come up with the same symptoms. Heres the gen

Octavia 2 170pd vRS 2007 Discs look in excelent condition as well as the pads.

I first thought it was a knocking noise and it was only apparent at low revs when gently accelarating (1/4 throttle) between 20mph and 50mph.

Today after a little more driving I found I'm also getting the same noise when I brake gently (applying constant gentle pressure)but its not really a knocking sound.

The sound is more like a rubbing or something catching but definatley not metal on metal and sounds like it's (just a guesstimate) on each rotation of the wheel.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas, suggestions on what to check first or there is a comman fault, before I start removing the wheels and digging around (or worse take it to a dealers for a bit of wallet lightening)

Thanks in advance.

Likely to be either a small stone caught between the disc and disc splash guard, or the splash guard may be too close to the disc. Sometimes happens if it gets a knock when doing a pad change. The guard can simply be pushed back slightly by hand. If it's none of those, could be a CV joint or wheel bearing complaining.

*Update*

Well before taking it to a garage and forking out hard earned cash I decided rule a few things out. So this afternoon removed wheels, calipers, pads and had a look around checking the spash guards etc . After a good clean of everything it all went back together nicly.

Thing's I found on while doing it.

#1 The mud flaps have been rubbing on the wheels at the rear. (now removed)

#2 Rear discs and pads will be due in the next few thousand miles. :(

#3 Who ever had the wheels off last, should never be aloud near a car again (3 wheel bolts on the front were finger tight and the other 2 were marginal at best)

The result, no more knocking :D and all for a few hours graft.