1.4TSI 1/4 mile leaderboard

vRSy

I can't seem to get under the the 14's to match my lucky 13.9 time. I can consistently get 14.1 but I dont know how I managed to snag the extra 0.2s.

I need to start playing about the the TMC box and strip the interior I think. Setting 8 or 9 need to be tried out I guess to see if they can eek any more out.

Any tips for tyre pressures etc?

I use 99 octane, but I've never been sold on those octane boosters....Don't suppose it'll hurt haha!

I think my pressures were 20psi in the front and whatever the max is at the back. The fronts were very low, about 1.4 bar, but I got no wheel spin at all at the line which is good. I'll have to remember to bring my tyre pump and adjust on the fly to the maximum pressure before wheel spin occurs at the front for the best possible launch.

0-60ft times are 2.1 2.2 fairly consistently too, which is why its so frustrating as they are matching my "best time" even with better conditions I cant seem to crack it!

I did a 14.002 when we were testing some BETA map files on mine at the pod trying to see how the DSG would cope. The best 60ft i managed was a 2.8 lol(stock conti 2 tyres on the wear markers). I wish i could get mine off the line with no wheelspin, mine was still spinning its wheels in 3rd gear!!! Powers useless if you cant put it to the tarmac. If i could get mty 60ft down to 2.2 id be leading the 1/4 mile leaderboard.

Im hoping the engine mounts and stiffer suspension will stop the weight transfer going rearwards which should help with the launch. Plus i now have semi slick tyres, and hopefully APR can soprt the DSg map out so i have full power all the way though the run with no limiters.

Then i just need to concentrate on the retard behind the wheel

• Like 1

haha! yes the fleashy squidgy bit seems to be the biggiest let down for me too!

lowering your front wheel pressures helps your 60ft time. what my dad told me is that when he use to unoffically drag race is to reduce your pressures a few psi each run until you stop wheel spinning off the line. that allows for the best start.

i was looking at new suspension but i might just see if theres something i can lock the rear springs with like rubber mounts to stop the weight transfter on the runs and remove for the road.

• 10 months later...

does anyone short shift out of first to try and reduce Spin off then like ? I tried 1/4 mile times on my mates phone (which I know isn't 100%) accurate lol but best times where when changing out of first at about 4500 - 5000 rpm

best time the cheeky phone said was 13.8 ;) worst was a 14.6 :p but obviously not official 1/4 mile times by any means haha (stage 1 remap btw not standard)

tubbs0491,

Maybe try timing it with TC off,

& 'gearstick in manual 1', (not in D or S)

try to let it do no wheelspin with light then full throttle.

and then 'do not shift gear yourself',

the box will do the changes automatically,

you do not change yourself untill it redlines in 4th.

*if it breaks or goes wonky, then do not blame me please.*

george

Yeah new gear box is fine sometimes a be jolty in manual but it should hopefully sort it,

I did have my traction control off I just short shifted first then changed little before the red line,

This seems to support the claims of that. Especially you guys on here with remapped cars! Impressive time though!

I know what you mean Sharkrider! I don't know whether its because untuned cars have less mid range grunt...???

They are not the same car even when standard, if they weigh differently, are different shapes,

have different size tyres and sometimes different Maps from the factory.

(Then the Audi A1 is 185 ps (182 bhp) from the factory rather than 180 ps (178 bhp) in the Seat, VW, Skoda,

same engine and gearbox, different MAP.)

Are they actually slower when side by side, on the road, track or strip?

Is a vRS Hatch Slower than a vRS Estate, and are they both slower than the heavier VW Polo GTI.?

Or are you talking the Official Figures that the Manufacturers give, because they need taken with a pinch of salt.

'Volkswagen Audi Group' do not allow the figures to show the cheaper cars as being Faster or More Economic than the ones that cost more to customers.

It might stop some one from paying more for a car no faster, or just spoil bragging rights down the pub to those paying more and expecting more. (or quicker)..

george

Before 1/4 mile. Sprints or Hill climbs worth just clearing the rear of clutter.

May help get some more of the weight over the front drive wheels sometimes, if nothing else.

Lots of variation from one identical model to the next, and again as the miles go on them.

Even Standard,

Then CAVE Engine with Original MAP, then Up-Date, then different engine again with the CTHE with a different Engine MAP. & different in the MAP of the DSG.

178 bhp/180 PS, & 182 BHP/185 PS are given as Minimum,

as with most cars, BHP/PS is a Minimum Official figure.

george

The new 2013 Seat Ibiza Cupra 3 door with CTHE engine & DSG is given better performance & lower emission figures by VAG than 2013 Skoda Fabia 5 door Estate or Hatch with CTHE engine and DSG.

VAG give official figures as

Seat Ibiza Cupra 3 door, Unladen 1259kg & fit 215/40R 17 tyres

VW Polo GTI (3 Door) unladen 1269KG, (5 door is heavier again) fitted with 215/40R 17's

Audi A1 TFSI 185ps 3 door, 1215kg (5 door is heavier but no figure given) & 215/40R 17's

*6.9 seconds/141mph, 37.7 Urban, 55.4 Extra Urban, 47.9 Combined.*

2013 Skoda Fabia Hatch CTHE 1243kg & fitted 205/40R 17's

2013 Skoda Fabia Estate CTHE 1238kg & fitted 205/40R 17's

VAG just Publish numbers for vehicles they produce and that is then the numbers re-published for years to come by all sorts, never matters if accurate or not..

So thats the same with VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda.

http://www.vrsworld...._vrs_specs.html

george

ive seen a nice unmodded CTHE with 2000 miles on run 183bhp on the rollers :)

Ive seen stock CAVE engines pull over 190hp on the rollers, it doesnt mean thats actually what its making. Ive pulled 2 or 3 car lengths on the 1/4 mile from an Ibiza which was running an alleged 20Hp more than me according to his dyno figures. Was he making that much more, i doubt it.

I call dyno lottery. Ive had variations of 20-30Hp between different dynos on past cars despite having zero changes to the car.

Ive seen stock CAVE engines pull over 190hp on the rollers, it doesnt mean thats actually what its making. Ive pulled 2 or 3 car lengths on the 1/4 mile from an Ibiza which was running an alleged 20Hp more than me according to his dyno figures. Was he making that much more, i doubt it.

I call dyno lottery. Ive had variations of 20-30Hp between different dynos on past cars despite having zero changes to the car.

yeah, I know all that been to many RR days, but this is at a dyno day where I saw a toyota yaris 1.3 thats supposed to put out 98bhp, put out 98bhp first ;) I trusted it to be reasonably accurate!