No VAT 20% VRS?...best offers?

OK, so im finally looking to change my current VRS (MK1, 100k, owned from new....I still LOVE the car, loads and loads) for a new MK2 and am struggling to find out if I can still get a VRS with the 20% no VAT offer???

I guessing there may be a long wait for a new car and that this may cause a problem as it has to be registered by 30th Sept, but maybe there is some dealer swap stock out there????

What kind of deals have people managed to get lately and what where the prices you actually paid? Is the 20% still available on the VRS? Any more help or pointers on buying?

Thanks !!

You can get either 5% VAT

Or

0% VAT with 0% Finance, if you have a 50% Deposit and can get one delivered by 30th September 2011 (Good luck with that one)

Best bet would be to go to a dealer and see if you can snag a cancelled order...

Or

Find a near new second hand example

Not quite Gorebush - the 20% offer is on for Petrol VRS's.......but only on stock cars.....hence will obviously registered by 30th Sept. You will obviously be limited to what they have in stock (guessing there wont be many VRS's though) so basically it will be a case of get what you can options wise!

No mention that VRS isn't included:

Pay no VAT and 0% APR representative

Pay no VAT* and 0% APR representative† when you buy with ŠKODA finance. This offer is available on selected petrol stock Fabia, Roomster and Octavia. Please see your local retailer for cars available.

All cars must be registered and delivered by 30th September.

Get a finance quote Build your own Å KODA

Find a retailer

Book a test drive

Get an insurance quote

Need a more flexible finance solution?

Pay no VAT when you choose from a range of finance options on eligible stock petrol models, including Å KODA Solutions (personal contract plan) and receive up to 3 years free servicing for free.

Please Note

†0% APR representative. Minimum 50% deposit required over 2 years. Indemnities may be required, subject to status. Over 18s in the UK only. Excludes the Channel Islands. Participating retailers only. Subject to availability for registrations and deliveries before 30th September 2011. ŠKODA Finance, Freepost ŠKODA Finance. Terms and conditions apply. *Reduction equivalent to 20% VAT applied to original base price including factory fitted optional extras available on selected petrol stock vehicles of Fabia, Roomster and Octavia models (exclusions apply) when purchased with ŠKODA Finance. Selected new retail stock orders only. VAT is still applicable and will appear on the invoice. Prices and specifications are accurate at time of print. Offers may be varied or withdrawn at any time and are not available in conjunction with any other offer. Models shown vary from UK specification

• 2 months later...

As I've said in another thread, it will probably only affect sales in the UK as this summer I was investigating market prices for the vRS in 3 different EU countries and they were all pretty similar, around 19-21K Eur > 17-18K GBP. And I still can't find a competitor at this class, offering more for less...