SimonK24's Mk1 Fabia vRS

SimonK24

Haha indeed, they are well worth doing IMO Jason, SO much better than the old reflector units :thumbup:

You just have to buy the lamps and a HID kit, then they go straight in (pretty much).

Edited by SimonK24

I use Collinite 476s, but the beading at the moment is from AG Aqua Wax which I use every time I dry the car, it's brilliant. Car will be getting a detail once winter is finally over!

I was asking because your car looks so shiny! Fantastic job fella :thumbup:

Is this the stuff?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_378001_langId_-1_categoryId_165527

I got a 20 quid voucher to use in halfords so thought i could try the stuff out

Haha indeed, they are well worth doing IMO Jason, SO much better than the old reflector units :thumbup:

You just have to buy the lamps and a HID kit, then they go straight in (pretty much).

Does the angle of beam adjuster in the car still work? THought you needed auto-levelling. As my car is mine for the long term I would consider this upgrade if it were easy and relatively inexpensive.

Yep all that still works, you just swap the motors over. Due to the Xenon's being retrofitted you don't need washers or auto levelling if they aren't there to test ;)

You could do the whole conversion for under £300 for sure :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Small update:

Had the car serviced yesterday, the old pads replaced with some Ferodo Premier's on the rear to replace the crumbled EBC ceramic pads - avoid those at all costs! :wonder:

Also fitted DS2500's to the front - wow. Brake fluid was also changed to some Gulf Competition RF800 which was on offer at Opie Oils in readiness for some serious track sessions this year.

DSC04666.jpg

Today I gave it a good wash, wax in certain areas which needed topping up. Also sorted my splitter which had been hanging rather low after some kerb kissing :blush:

DSC04664.jpg

DSC04663.jpg

Edited by SimonK24

Looks lush m8....so mean in black love it.. B) oh yeh what colour are those rims,

do u reckon that colour would suit mine?

Cheers, I'm not sure on the colour of the rims as they were done before I bought them. It's a mixture though, there is some green/yellow fleck in them in the sunlight!

I personally love darker wheels on silver cars, but it might hide your nice wheels too much?

looking good as always, shame i still havent got the fab would have been good seeing the two side by side on track, though i think your be the better driver lol, my octy might be able to keep up a little at combe in april still wont be mapped or have anything other then standard brakes so should be interesting, be good to finally put a face to the name too :)

looking good as always, shame i still havent got the fab would have been good seeing the two side by side on track, though i think your be the better driver lol, my octy might be able to keep up a little at combe in april still wont be mapped or have anything other then standard brakes so should be interesting, be good to finally put a face to the name too :)

Cheers Trevor, will be good to meet you too. Like the look of your Octy project too, the wheels suit it well!

I'm definitely going to do a couple of sessions at Combe, I can't wait now :rofl:

• Like 1

Looking better than mine as always Simon :p

You could probably grate cheese on my spoiler nowadays.

I'm at the point where I've either got to blow a huge wad of cash

on it or get rid and get something else. Still don't know what to do :think:

Looking better than mine as always Simon :p

You could probably grate cheese on my spoiler nowadays.

I'm at the point where I've either got to blow a huge wad of cash

on it or get rid and get something else. Still don't know what to do :think:

Why don't you get the bits of cosmetic work done, and get some leather, and some Xenons? Your car looks awesome, so I don't think it needs anything else doing to it :thumbup:

I can't find a replacement for mine (always on the lookout for something!) The only thing that takes my fancy is the new Polo Gti - especially this one http://www.golfmkv.c...do=view&id=2825, the looks of the new Fabia just dont cut it with me unfortunately. Also I still have strong reservations about owning a 1.4TSI out of warranty :(

Edited by SimonK24