SimonK24's Mk1 Fabia vRS

SimonK24

Here is my 54 plate Fabia vRS in Black Magic. It has gradually evolved over the past 4 years of me owning it, and I think now it is nearly just how I want it :)

Here is a quick spec.

PD150 Turbo

Shark Performance Stage 2 Remap (approx 200bhp/300lbft)

Forge FMIC

Mufflerectomy

VW Evolo 17x7.5" wheels finished in a custom grey with 215/40/17 ContiSportContact 3 Tyres

Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers

312/256mm Brakes

Whiteline RARB

Skoda Fabia Sport seats

Alpine IDA-X100 Headunit

Xenons

Philips LED sidelights

Now for some pictures!

DSC04643.jpg

DSC04333-1.jpg

DSC04337-1.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

Czech vs English :)

DSC04335-1.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0250-1.jpg

DSC04005.jpg

Interior

DSC02835.jpg

DSC02839.jpg

Nurburgring incident - Oops!

DSC00685.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumbup:

Edited by SimonK24

Looks awesome!! I have stupid rust on the edges of my discs how did you get yours like that? And did you paint the calipers yourself?

AlsO what do you think of the forge fmic? Notice much difference?

Would this fit the fabia with the usual crash bar modification?

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/forge-motorsport-fmintssipb-seat-sport-style-front-mount-intercooler-kitbr-ibiza-6l-19tdi-pd130-0202-p-8269.html

Cheers

Edited by wilsy7

Really really nice Simon!! :thumbup:

All the big mods done now mate. Well done!

Look forward to drooling over it at Castle Combe.

Wilsy, they are pagid discs mate, they're painted

in the factory to preserve the non service areas

of the disc.

I've just had some fitted, I expect they'll rust eventually but not until long after the edge of any

other disc looks like the top of a old brown sauce bottle.

I'll replace the rears with pagid next time :thumbup:

They looked cack only 3 months after fitting them...

Cheers chaps :)

They are Pagid Discs and pads, I swear by them now, they stay looking good for so much longer, they will rust eventually but it takes a good year or so before any rust starts to appear usually, and its usually a darker colour. Painted the calipers with a fine brush myself yes :thumbup:

As for the front mount, I definitely noticed a difference, it pulls harder and smoother. Worthwhile if you plan on keeping the car and want the best from it I think.

I can't wait for Castle Combe now, not been out on track as much this year as I would like, so it will be nice to see how it goes with the new parts on :thumbup:

Great looking car; wheels, seats, it's all very well done and works well together. If it was me, prob be looking to raise the front a tad, but that's personal preference. Oh, and I'd have tried to get black not blue pipework.

Very jealous of all these people getting nice intercoolers and brakes and performance upgrades.......

I will see how I get on with the ride height, initially for me I thought it was too low, yet I can still get on my driveway which was the major concern for me.

The blue pipework was what came with the cooler, as I bought it second hand even though it had never been fitted. You can't really notice the pipes unless you really look for them :thumbup:

The only other thing I would like to do is get some 'V' logo's stitched into the seats, I was going to do this ages ago, but just have not got round to doing it!

Thanks for the info on the discs guys they def make a diff to the look of the car! Are these exPensive to buy? Did you remove the calipers to paint or just do it on the car? And how did you prep before painting?

Jordan

I usually get my discs from Euro Car Parts, about £40 each if you are getting 312mm size. I painted the calipers off the car, but have done others on the car before, not difficult. Hammerite is quite good as it will dry smooth even if you brush it on :thumbup:

Since having the coilovers fitted I am getting a rubbing sound when moving on and off my driveway, it sounds like it could be the ARB and driveshaft rubbing, but I have checked and there is plenty of clearance. It seems to make the noise if say I have been reversing, then move forward, but then it stops once I start driving properly. Bit of head scratching at the moment!

Looks like a cracking car which is qutie well setup. Yet another person who's likely to breeze past me at Castle Combe :D

Have you not seen my video from last time out? You are in it ;):)

Cheers,

Only plans now are to sort some bodywork, I managed to win a raffle prize last month for £500 of bodywork repairs/paint. Getting the spoiler and towbar damage to my wing where some **** hit it and drove off, fixed with that.

Front bumper and bonnet could do with a respray too, and I want the door handles colour coding. The wheels also need some attention as two were kerbed when I bought them, but not badly enough to warrant getting all of the wheels sprayed to match.

I don't think it will ever end though! :)

• 1 month later...

A little update.....

I was lucky enough to win a raffle prize at a Pistonheads meet back in July at the Caring With Cars show, which raised £5469.40 for a charity that looks after over 1,000 life-limited children in the south west, and provides important support to their families.

I got to choose the prize and plumped a voucher kindly donated by Alsa Automotive in South Wales with a discount of £500 :D as I had a few small bits of damage caused to my car from other twonks, and never had the funds to get them properly sorted.

I took the car to Al and Sarah last week (Al mainly does Ferrari and exotic cars), but was more than happy to do my little Skoda :thumbup:

Anyway here are some pictures....

SK03SF.jpg

SK06SF.jpg

SK08SF.jpg

SK12SF.jpg

SK15SF.jpg

Results

DSC04482.jpg

DSC04484.jpg

I also had a bit of blast on some of the roads used in Top Gear, seeing as I was so close :)

DSC04471.jpg

DSC04475.jpg

DSC04476.jpg

Yep, it's next on the list of things to do! I was going to ask him to do them, but he kindly repainted my grille, and also a chunk that was taken out of my rear bumper included in the voucher so thought that was more than enough generosity from him :thumbup: He gave me the rest of the paint he didn't use though so I can get them done locally.