SKODA Octavia vRS Hits 200 Mph At Bonneville

ColinD

Well dione that team. 227 mph is amazing for a 2 litre car.

Now Skoda, let's hear about this on the news and the newspapers. Everybody needs to hear that Skoda produce the fastest 2 liitre car.....(not VW like everybody tells me my car is made by....)

Well done.

No doubt some clever PR person is putting the finishing touches to an advert showing past and current VRS lines over the last 10 years (as per request thread) and will shoehorn in the 227 speed making the VRS highly desireable and further increasing deliver times.

That and a limited edition bonkers BHP Bonneville edition. But could you live with that colour scheme day in day out?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That and a limited edition bonkers BHP Bonneville edition. But could you live with that colour scheme day in day out?

Perhaps they'll go for a Limited Edition 227bhp vRS 'Bonneville'. ;) should be easy enough to achieve (preferably with some front brakes) :giggle:

Greenline connection was that they used the Greenline's Gearbox with the taller ratios allowing the speed targeted.

The ratios were worked out by one of our trainers at the National Learning Centre where we do our courses, it has the potential for 250mph given enough distance etc.

Was it a petrol or diesel version, as I hear the diesels are as fast or faster than the petrols? (tongue firmly in cheek).

Edited by lol

AHHHHH the wee Skoda comes good does what she set out to do then goes scalextrics on the competition !!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: so chuffed

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

We are chuffed to bits with the car!

If I can answer any questions on it, please feel free to ask!

Cheers Ricky

Is there a video of the final, record breaking run?

I'd really like to see Dickie Meaden holding the car against those crosswinds.

Hello Bahnstormer,

Yes there is, go to www.evo.co.uk and look for Part 8 of Dickie's video blog!

Listen for the wheel spin in 5th gear between 192mph and 196mph according the the datalogger! lol

When the marshall set us off on our return record run he told us there was 12mph cross winds and said "what you aiming for 160?"

When we told him 220mph he just said "oh right" and walked off! lol

We finished the run and hooked the car onto the truck to come back and it lashed it down with rain.....think it was meant to be! ;-)

Hello Bahnstormer,

Yes there is, go to www.evo.co.uk and look for Part 8 of Dickie's video blog!

Listen for the wheel spin in 5th gear between 192mph and 196mph according the the datalogger! lol

When the marshall set us off on our return record run he told us there was 12mph cross winds and said "what you aiming for 160?"

When we told him 220mph he just said "oh right" and walked off! lol

We finished the run and hooked the car onto the truck to come back and it lashed it down with rain.....think it was meant to be! ;-)

I can't find it.

There is the 214mph run that was posted the day after, but I can't find a video of the 'final record breaking' run.

Perhaps EVO are holding it until they publish the next issue.

Hello Bahnstormer,

Check out:

and also:

Also, Evo magazine is out today....you need to buy it!! ;-)

ENJOY!

Brilliant; but I still can't find these videos on EVO's website.

As to a copy of this month's EVO. I would hope that my copy has been delivered by the Postman this morning. :thumbup:

Thats very strange mate...the links above are direct to the videos!

Anyone seen the mag yet??

I've worked it out.

The link in your post directs you to YouTube and I have found that there is a youtube.com/EVOTV section but there is no direct link (that I can find) from evo.co.uk to these videos.

That was all.

I've got the mag; but not had a moment to read it; hope to do so at the weekend.